Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Mario at PG........ HAHAHAHAHAHA....... He's got handles just slightly better then Biz....... LOL

Hahahah...He was our PG under Skiles for a dozen or so games.

We broke him.

Unfortunately, we didn't purchase a warranty, so we won't be getting a replacement.

Such a shame in a way that we didn't get the luck of the draw when it came to getting Big Porzingis. Just watching him play moment ago.. Oh well moving on. 

We need to come in tomorrow and lay the smack down on the Knicks.. 

1 hour ago, Odin said:

We broke him.

Unfortunately, we didn't purchase a warranty, so we won't be getting a replacement.

This is exactly it. Poor management of a player. We let him leave last summer instead of convincing him to stay and get better. We reduced his playing time. We reduced his margin for error. We reduced the plays ran for him. We played him at PF. Just really poor development. 

• Upvote 1

Hezonja makes me so sad. We destroyed his confidence.  He only puts up numbers in pressureless garbage minutes now. He looked so intentional with quick decision making. 

If there's one hope it's that with enough playing time in this new opportunistic offensive style, Mario should have plenty to show if given the minutes and mental fortitude. 

I’m not sure where this Hezonja sentiment is coming from. The team didn’t “mismanage” him. He CHOSE to do things his way. The team can’t force him to stay here in the offseason and put extra work in, or control his offseason habits. He’s not their slave lol. I’m not saying he’s sitting around playing video games, but he’s been given so many chances now. We have new management with a fresh eye, and they’re evaluating EVERYTHING. Unless he does a 180 and ups his play, no amount of shuffling him around will lead to anything positive. Now you guys want him to play point guard? Lol. Just because of a few highlights in his rookie season? That would actually be putting him in a position to fail. 

Also I’m kind of bummed we didn’t make a play for Bledsoe. Would’ve loved him on this team, could run the offense with him. An expiring contract and a couple protected picks. Don’t think we have expirings but certainly more value with Vuc plus picks.