Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

Fyi because i know it will come up.  We can't sign another two way player as the deadline was January 10th 

Brilliant vetting. Is there ANY research done on these players before we sign them?

Magic fail again!

48 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Brilliant vetting. Is there ANY research done on these players before we sign them?

Magic fail again!

I really don't think the information was available.  OTL had to do pretty significant investigative work.  

This stuff usually pops up pretty easily.  That's why Michigan State is in trouble.  They covered it up

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I really don't think the information was available.  OTL had to do pretty significant investigative work.  

This stuff usually pops up pretty easily.  That's why Michigan State is in trouble.  They covered it up

When I was reading through the initial Nassar article last week, someone posted a comment saying something to the degree of “this shouldn’t surprise anyone since we all know Izzo/MSU covered up the Appling/Payne thing”.  That was the first I had heard of it until OTL shed more light on it.  Maybe it was just rumored at the time but since it never went to trial no one got wind of it? 

Either way, I agree that teams probably don’t do much research on a guy they’re filling a roster spot with or taking a flyer on. And I doubt that is unique to the Magic.  Especially knowing that this front office would never sign a guy like that in the first place if they did have the info. 

10 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Happy for Dipo but sad for the Magic. Clearly we bet on Evan and Aaron, and neither have developed into a star. While I think Evan has a limited ceiling, I still have plenty of hope in Aaron.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-victor-oladipo-0127-story.html

Yeah i think the oladipo lesson is "don't give up on highly drafted players 3 years into their careers if they're workers and don't have physical limitations"

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Yeah i think the oladipo lesson is "don't give up on highly drafted players 3 years into their careers if they're workers and don't have physical limitations"

I think you can also add: 'as well as ones that show year over year growth'.  Oladipo is doing exactly what more than a few thought he could do when he was here, this comes as little surprise.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I think you can also add: 'as well as ones that show year over year growth'.  Oladipo is doing exactly what more than a few thought he could do when he was here, this comes as little surprise.  

This. He was the only thing exciting about watching this team for a while. It's not like his breakthrough came out of left field. Just another example of this franchise being dumb as hell.

today at 2:15 on ESPN is Trae Young Vs. Collin Sexton (Oklahoma vs. Alabama) they're the top 2 point guards in the nation. This has been a public service announcement. 

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Happy for Dipo but sad for the Magic. Clearly we bet on Evan and Aaron, and neither have developed into a star. While I think Evan has a limited ceiling, I still have plenty of hope in Aaron.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-victor-oladipo-0127-story.html

Love how they said, "You never know if he would've been the player he is now here." 

Bull****! The signs were there. We just chose poorly.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Love how they said, "You never know if he would've been the player he is now here." 

Bull****! The signs were there. We just chose poorly.

That Cleveland game

12 hours ago, The Boss said:

Torn achilles, will miss the season and maybe the start of next,  poor guy. The Pelicans seem cursed. 

Bet they're calling us about Vuch now.