Sign in to follow this  
Magicman28

Henny has been fired!

Can't believe you guys are naive enough to fall for the same "we never liked that guy anyway" rhetoric that comes whenever any player or employee leaves and they need to sway public opinion.

They did the same thing with Stan.

It's not falling for anything. We don't need a Martins interview to see the lackidasial culture that Rob had created. All we have to do is look at his very contented, passive, do nothing approach to team building, his free agent and trade moves with no vision or purpose, and the overall spinning our tires in the mud results that Hennigan was responsible for over 5 years.

Hennigan kept us in the exact same position for 5 years with nothing to show for it.

Of course Martins is speaking the truth in this regard. It's not spin, you have 5 years of documented history to prove this point.

If you think this is spin, then I don't know what you've been following for the last 5 years, but it's not this team.

Henny also didn't have Shaq, Penny and DHoward fall into his lap though.

The Howard pick was a big gamble to be fair.

It's not falling for anything. We don't need a Martins interview to see the lackidasial culture that Rob had created. All we have to do is look at his very contented, passive, do nothing approach to team building, his free agent and trade moves with no vision or purpose, and the overall spinning our tires in the mud results that Hennigan was responsible for over 5 years.

Hennigan kept us in the exact same position for 5 years with nothing to show for it.

Of course Martins is speaking the truth in this regard. It's not spin, you have 5 years of documented history to prove this point.

If you think this is spin, then I don't know what you've been following for the last 5 years, but it's not this team.

That article linked a page ago was written by Mike Bianchi, who exclusively writes spin

That article linked a page ago was written by Mike Bianchi, who exclusively writes spin

I'm not from Orlando, so I'm not super familiar with Bianchi. I've read some of his articles, and I'd tend to agree. But a quote is a quote. That article quoted specific things that Martins said, things that can be backed up by documented actions. Hennigan was building a losing culture here, we've seen it in player acquisitions, coaching hires, coaches quitting, and the fact that we've shown all but zero improvement over half a decade, and as we can see by a fanbase that applauds losses and boos wins.

Yup, there's really no spin needed on this one.

"They don’t have enough good players,” said one scout who was granted anonymity because he wasn’t authorized by his team to speak publicly.

“They don’t have anybody close to a great player. Their major problem is talent. It’s sort of obvious, I think. Who’s their best player? Fournier maybe. Vucevic? Vucevic could be a sixth man on a good team. Fournier’s not even clearly the third-best player on a good team. So their most underlying and significant problem is they simply don’t have enough good players. And where do you need the good players? Generally, you need a point guard.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-orlando-magic-season-analysis-0416-story.html

"They don’t have enough good players,” said one scout who was granted anonymity because he wasn’t authorized by his team to speak publicly.

“They don’t have anybody close to a great player. Their major problem is talent. It’s sort of obvious, I think. Who’s their best player? Fournier maybe. Vucevic? Vucevic could be a sixth man on a good team. Fournier’s not even clearly the third-best player on a good team. So their most underlying and significant problem is they simply don’t have enough good players. And where do you need the good players? Generally, you need a point guard.”

http://www.orlandose...0416-story.html

Well duh....I don't need to be a scout to know this lol.

I'm not from Orlando, so I'm not super familiar with Bianchi. I've read some of his articles, and I'd tend to agree. But a quote is a quote. That article quoted specific things that Martins said, things that can be backed up by documented actions. Hennigan was building a losing culture here, we've seen it in player acquisitions, coaching hires, coaches quitting, and the fact that we've shown all but zero improvement over half a decade, and as we can see by a fanbase that applauds losses and boos wins.

That's fair. Should be noted that the few 2 (arguably 3) years were spent with a strategy to lose with the hopes of drafting a superstar. Obviously didn't work in our favor, and those years probably led to establishing a losing culture we have yet to turn around. While I still agree with the strategy, it is not at all foolproof and will fail if you don't actually land a star.

In the end we're all left here frustrated and with a losing team, so I understand where you're coming from