Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

I like kyrie but wouldn't want to give much of value up for him. Before lebron he was lottery bound every year. And as already got pointed out he has injury concerns. Not to mention he's an ufa soon, and we don't have a good history with ufas.

oof, maybe we don't want Kyrie

cavs were 4-13 with kyrie, without LeBron.

I'm telling you. The more I dig into him, the less appealing he is.

• Upvote 1

Am I missing something? Is Orlando in talks as a possible destination or something?

Nah but every year an "all star" becomes disgruntled and an opportunity arises to acquire him.

We don't have a go to scorer so it's obvious people look at Kyrie and say "there it is!" Problem is, we could be giving up AG who might make a huge leap this year, or Isaac, who COULD turn into one of the best two way players down the road for a guy who if you look past the ppg stats and the big shots in the finals, his game does not really translate into wins and the players you just gave up end up having a bigger impact.

oof, maybe we don't want Kyrie

cavs were 4-13 with kyrie, without LeBron.

yep.

He's an unbelievable talent; would be top 5 talent in Magic history, but I don't think he really make his team better. Would I want him on the Magic, hell yeah. Would I mortgage the farm for him? Ehhhhhh depends on who I'm giving up.

Him alone, we'll be lotto team until we pair him with another star. Can we do that in the 2 years he'll have left on his contract, before he becomes a FA?

Not as easy a decision one originally thought. He doesn't scream loyal to me, so if we brought him here, we'd have 2 yrs to build around him. If we're trending up and contending (at least 2nd round game 7), we have a good shot to keep him. If not, he'll be gone.

That stat also shows you how f'ing great Lebron is.

Nah but every year an "all star" becomes disgruntled and an opportunity arises to acquire him.

We don't have a go to scorer so it's obvious people look at Kyrie and say "there it is!" Problem is, we could be giving up AG who might make a huge leap this year, or Isaac, who COULD turn into one of the best two way players down the road for a guy who if you look past the ppg stats and the big shots in the finals, his game does not really translate into wins and the players you just gave up end up having a bigger impact.

I agree. Kyrie seems overrated to me. I prefer hard nosed like Harden or Westbrook.

I'm kinda liking the players our management is getting: long wingspan, edgy, and versatile.

Was just watching videos of Iwundu. Guy can play like a PG and can defend like crazy.

I think we are starting to get a team with players who aren't soft.

Am I missing something? Is Orlando in talks as a possible destination or something?

because of Kyrie's issues there's a limited amount of logical destinations for him. you can remove 17 teams for already having a point guard or not being in the market.

that leaves San Antonio, clips, Utah, Milwaukee, Miami, Denver, Detroit, Dallas, Knicks, Sac, Orlando, Min, Phoenix.

we can probably out bid LA, Miami, Milwaukee, Detroit, and maybe Sacramento. We might be able to outbid San Antonio. I'm not sure what value Aldridge has anymore.

The knicks could be eliminated if Melo gets traded to Houston.

so we might be in the top 5 or 6. I think he goes to Denver.

I like kyrie but wouldn't want to give much of value up for him. Before lebron he was lottery bound every year. And as already got pointed out he has injury concerns. Not to mention he's an ufa soon, and we don't have a good history with ufas.

Before lebron he just turned 22.

I still think you trade for Kyrie with the trade I've been pushing.

because kyrie-simmons-ross-Gordon-biyombo at least has an avenue toward something greater. and if it doesn't work at least we took our shot and we can rebuild.

I still think you trade for Kyrie with the trade I've been pushing.

because kyrie-simmons-ross-Gordon-biyombo at least has an avenue toward something greater. and if it doesn't work at least we took our shot and we can rebuild.

Is that involving Isaac?