Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Who cares? What is Wade gonna do here? Sit for 40 games making 25 mil? Pass.

Or play for 60-70 games dropping 18, 4 and 4, teach our young guys about winning, regain our credibility in the NBA, come off the books and maybe sign for cheap as he also recruits guys here or we just have cap flexibility.

Or play for 60-70 games dropping 18, 4 and 4, teach our young guys about winning, regain our credibility in the NBA, come off the books and maybe sign for cheap as he also recruits guys here or we just have cap flexibility.

Who is Wade recruiting to Orlando at age 35? It's not 2008 anymore.

Who is Wade recruiting to Orlando at age 35? It's not 2008 anymore.

Wade lost clout because he's 35?

Him and LeBron practically run the league.

Idk what NBA you are watching but Wade in no way runs the league.

Thats why Miami told him to kick rocks and he toiled on an 8 seed

Fournier's contract isn't bad.

It certainly is not good. He does not produce enough value to be worth 17% of our cap space. Just because there are worse contracts out there, doesn't mean that his contract is now good, or really ever has been no matter what the sports writers write.

Only bad teams offer large contracts to mediocre players.

Fournier is a mediocre player. Fournier has a large contract. Fournier's contract therefor is not good. He does not perform up to what the money he was signed at says he should.

(Biyombo also obviously has a bad contract).

Fivethirtyeight puts him as likely worth about 44 million over the next 5 years. His contract will earn him 51 million in three years. Now they are obviously not gospel and I think their number is a little low, but he does not do enough to be worth half of Blake Griffin or Steph Curry per year.

Edit: This is not me hating on Fournier. I think he is a perfectly fine complementary player, and I will never begrudge a guy earning as much as he can make. I just think his contract is not good compared to what he produces, despite everything media people seem to say, and I think it is these types of contracts, given by front offices, that set a team up for mediocrity or being stuck at the bottom of the league. If he would have made that money elsewhere, fine let another team be stuck with that contract.

It certainly is not good. He does not produce enough value to be worth 17% of our cap space. Just because there are worse contracts out there, doesn't mean that his contract is now good, or really ever has been no matter what the sports writers write.

Only bad teams offer large contracts to mediocre players.

Fournier is a mediocre player. Fournier has a large contract. Fournier's contract therefor is not good. He does not perform up to what the money he was signed at says he should.

(Biyombo also obviously has a bad contract).

Fivethirtyeight puts him as likely worth about 44 million over the next 5 years. His contract will earn him 51 million in three years. Now they are obviously not gospel and I think their number is a little low, but he does not do enough to be worth half of Blake Griffin or Steph Curry per year.

Fournier is fine.

Fournier is a market inefficiency when we have ross who is similar making 6.5 million less.

Fournier also doesn't fit what it seems like we're trying to do long term.

ok, lets break this down again

payton Fournier ross Gordon vucevic

mack hezonja Isaac biyombo

augustin (Iwundu?) (need SF) (need PF) (Birch?)

if we're confident in the top 9. would we keep hunt? or would we go after a mentor type like Dunleavy? Morrow?

PF we're running out of options. Cunningham? Bass? Lavoy Allen? Haslem? McRoberts?

I'd try to get Diaw here. we aren't contenders but hopefully he'd like being on a young team to teach. I also like Dunleavy.

I'd also try to trade for Dudley, but doubt we make good partners with PHX.

I'd try to get Diaw here. we aren't contenders but hopefully he'd like being on a young team to teach. I also like Dunleavy.

I'd also try to trade for Dudley, but doubt we make good partners with PHX.

I like Diaw.

Diaw is not what you want on a bad team. he loses interest and plays terribly.