Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Mack is better than Watson/DJ. Isaac is better than Green. That rounds out the bench. Vogel won't spend half the season experimenting a failed position reassignment. The team will have consistency between last and this season to build on. AG and Payton don't need to improve to make this team better, but if they do, that adds to the level of the team. The same goes for Mario. Having Ross and a not overloaded front court rotation will help. AG having consistency at his natural position. There are a lot of reasons to think the team will be better.

How is Isaac better than Green? Kid hasn't even played a single minute in the NBA.

We had a .333 percentage post all star (no Ibaka) over 24 games, when Gordon went back to the 4. What consistency is there to build on? That wasn't his first time playing the 4 spot.

I disagree, the team is not better. We basically have the same squad with no Ibaka and two rookies. Shelvin Mack is not a difference maker, and the guys we waived aren't either. Yes the East as a whole got weaker, and we will be contending with the Hawks as the worst team, but the Bulls still have Lopez and Lavine and Wade, maybe Mirotic. The Nets picked up Russell who is more talented than anything we have, and Carroll has played for Atkinson before when he was successful on the Hawks.

Gordon and Payton are now entering their 4th years, yea they might take a small step here or there but for the most part they are who they are. Maybe if Hezonja can go from terrible to passable it might make a difference.

Mack doesn't have to be a difference maker, just better than Watson/DJ. Losing Ibaka changes a lot because it clears out the front court, let's AG move back to the 4, and changes the style of play the team can execute. AG and Payton are both still young, so I'm not sure you can say they are who they are after three seasons.

How is Isaac better than Green? Kid hasn't even played a single minute in the NBA.

We had a .333 percentage post all star (no Ibaka) over 24 games, when Gordon went back to the 4. What consistency is there to build on? That wasn't his first time playing the 4 spot.

By not being a complete net negative, able to defend, and run the court? Green was bad. Really bad. Isaac doesn't have to be good, hejust doesn't have to be that bad.

The team will be better because the bench is better. The bench lost a lot of games. We will still lose games, but not as many will be due to having a bench give up huge differentials every time they're on the court.

By not being a complete net negative, able to defend, and run the court? Green was bad. Really bad. Isaac doesn't have to be good, hejust doesn't have to be that bad.

The team will be better because the bench is better. The bench lost a lot of games. We will still lose games, but not as many will be due to having a bench give up huge differentials every time they're on the court.

Bench will be better in what way? My belief that Mario can be better doesn't mean it will actual happen.

Mack "fits" better defensively but our bench is still very much questionable.

Meeks was key in some of the wins. He's gone.

Bench will be better in what way? My belief that Mario can be better doesn't mean it will actual happen.

Meeks also missed like half the season, and wasn't consistent enough.

Don't mistake better for good. I think the bench is better. I don't think the bench is good. Mario stepping up would help. Isaac, again, just needs to not be terrible on offense and play good defense. Mack just has to be better than DJ and Watson. I think those are achievable goals.

1. He would simply not have to be the worst player in the nba to be better than green.

2. Our top 6 players played really well post all star. There's at least 5 games we would have won post all star if instead of Augustin being a massive negative we just held the opponent to a +/- of 0

It almost literally can't be worse

It almost literally can't be worse

I don't think it'll be worse but I still think with all the culture talk and even you stated, a lack of hunger problem, we're just reliving the last 5 years.

I was all in the tank last year after the deadline but not this year. Not anymore. I wanted DSJ but open to Isaac because I see the upside but I'll be damned if I'm alright going further the same way we did. That actually hurt our player development imo.

We need to bring in some guys who will aid our young guys and instill a winning mindset. Ibaka wasn't a good choice because he was on the decline and played AG's position.

There's a smarter way and we need to do it that way.

• Upvote 1

1. He would simply not have to be the worst player in the nba to be better than green.

2. Our top 6 players played really well post all star. There's at least 5 games we would have won post all star if instead of Augustin being a massive negative we just held the opponent to a +/- of 0

Good point about the starters post all star game, who ranked 10th in the league and ahead of several playoff teams.

http://www.hoopsstat.../6/diffeff/18-1

The numbers for the bench post all star game (#30 by a large margin):

http://www.hoopsstat.../7/diffeff/18-1

I think some people are overstating the improvements they think certain players will make and using that to base their projections. Maybe I'm just being very pessimistic, but I don't think it's a guarantee that all those guys improve enough that it really translates into a bunch more wins.

Mario might just be that bad. EP might just be an average PG that can't shoot. AG might not burst out like we've been hearing every offseason. Maybe Fournier doesn't go back to his career average from deep. Maybe Issac isn't ready.

There's plenty of reasons why this team could see little to no improvement at all. I think they should be slightly better, but I'm not buying into this being a 40 win team by any stretch of the imagination.

Let me be clear... I don't believe we'll intentionally tank. I think we'll intentionally play our young guys and that we'll end up with a top 10 pick. Along with Augustin, we'll look to trade Vooch or Biz all year. It'll be all about evaluating and investing in the future.

2. Our top 6 players played really well post all star.  There's at least 5 games we would have won post all star if instead of Augustin being a massive negative we just held the opponent to a +/- of 0

we didn't go 8-16 post all star break because of Augustin, or any one player, nor does the record indicate the team played well. There's no point in playing the "if" game.