Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Isaac was chosen due to having a higher upside and will take 3 years to develop. I think new management understands we are not trying to compete this season, but more or less evaluating the pieces they currently have.

I am ok with Isaac over Smith. I dont buy that it will take years for Isaac to develop. He should be able to produce and be part of the rotation this year.

We have to make a decision on Gordon, Mario and Payton future with the team this year.

What if that doesnt work. Will we enter another period of rebuild? And if so, for How many years?

I think management is using the excuse of "Evaluating and developing" as an excuse to buy them more time and less pressure on them. It is the smart way to secure a management position for longer. They are selling themselves and the magic expectations low at the moment and for the next few years for the fans to "relax"

I think 2 years is more than enough to evaluate management performance. If by 2019 they still having that mentality of rebuilding, they will need to go.

I still think it's crazy that Kawhi became what he became. It still doesn't seem like a replicable growth path.

If Isaac goes from what he is to an offensive weapon that other teams have to gameplan for it's going to change how I look at prospects completely.

Guys, I think the plan is clear for this year. I'm gassing up the tank and invite you to put on your gear and join me. We'll hit some rough patches but make it through. That said, please give me the skinny on next year's top prospects. Yours, Soul "Tank Commander" Bro

Guys, I think the plan is clear for this year. I'm gassing up the tank and invite you to put on your gear and join me. We'll hit some rough patches but make it through. That said, please give me the skinny on next year's top prospects. Yours, Soul "Tank Commander" Bro

The people expecting a tank are going to be disappointed.

the people expecting us to compete for a playoff spot are going to be disappointed.

We're team "lets just see what happens". Which means a handful more wins. unexciting draft pick. purgatory. That's why analysts keep asking "what are the magic doing?" not because we're bad, but because we're not bad enough and not good enough and no real path forward to be good.

the people expecting us to compete for a playoff spot are going to be disappointed.

We're team "lets just see what happens". Which means a handful more wins. unexciting draft pick. purgatory. That's why analysts keep asking "what are the magic doing?" not because we're bad, but because we're not bad enough and not good enough and no real path forward to be good.

We won't blatantly "tank". We haven't really done that despite how awful we've been the last 5 years (which is one of the reasons we're in the position we're in now).

But with our current roster we're still locked in for a top 7 pick with hopes of obtaining a top 4 pick. The nice thing about our roster is you don't have to call it tanking they'll just lose far more games then they'll win.

We won't blatantly "tank". We haven't really done that despite how awful we've been the last 5 years (which is one of the reasons we're in the position we're in now).

But with our current roster we're still locked in for a top 7 pick with hopes of obtaining a top 4 pick. The nice thing about our roster is you don't have to call it tanking they'll just lose far more games then they'll win.

I don't think we're locked for anything. The team is better than last year in a conference that just got a lot worse. If this team was only bad enough to get the sixth pick and just got better, how is it a lock for the top 7?

There is no tank going on. The team is past that, unfortunately. The hope now is in the development of Gordon, Payton, Isaac, and Hezonja. This is still a lotto team, so maybe we will finally get some ping pong balls to fall out way and jump into the top 3?

Exactly and shouldn't we start progressing? I know we got to see if AG and Payton can take a leap. We have to see if Mario is going to contribute and now we have to develop Isaac but shouldn't we start adding some players that will not only change the culture but will help put those guys in a situation that breeds success? That will help elevate them?

You mention Kawhi. Don't you think his success was aided by a group of veterans and coaches who have won before and didn't "wait and see"?

I'm starting to think this approach will do more harm than good. We've been doing this for 5 years and we have two of those guys who had big roles at that time still here as starters.

• Upvote 1

I don't think we're locked for anything. The team is better than last year in a conference that just got a lot worse. If this team was only bad enough to get the sixth pick and just got better, how is it a lock for the top 7?

There is no tank going on. The team is past that, unfortunately. The hope now is in the development of Gordon, Payton, Isaac, and Hezonja. This is still a lotto team, so maybe we will finally get some ping pong balls to fall out way and jump into the top 3?

How are we better then last year? Because Issac might be a slight upgrade over Jeff Green? Do we know for a fact EP, AG and Mario are going to be that much better of players next season? That's no lock at all.

How are we better then last year? Because Issac might be a slight upgrade over Jeff Green? Do we know for a fact EP, AG and Mario are going to be that much better of players next season? That's no lock at all.

We might be a slightly better so, maybe 5-10 more wins. Expectations are low, players are playing for contract extensions, stability with the coaching staff and more importantly the East has gotten worse.

I think we're going to exceed your expectations.

We might be a slightly better so, maybe 5-10 more wins. Expectations are low, players are playing for contract extensions, stability with the coaching staff and more importantly the East has gotten worse.

10 more wins is a lot though. 5 wins seems about right to me. 10 wins would be an impressive jump. Again, I don't see a jump like that unless EP/AG and Mario make big jumps.

I think we're going to exceed your expectations.

I wouldn't be mad. But I still maintain I don't see 7 worse teams then us in the NBA.