Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

That point guard isn't on the market. I don't think anyone can reasonably argue I'm a Payton homer.

I think there were some PGs even in the 2nd round that could have pushed him fairly soon. He really isn't very good. I would love to eat crow on that, let's see if he can shoot after he cuts the awning off :D

I think there were some PGs even in the 2nd round that could have pushed him fairly soon. He really isn't very good. I would love to eat crow on that, let's see if he can shoot after he cuts the awning off :D/>

No. There really wasn't.

Payton is fine. He's an average starting point guard. We'll need to address that some day. Not today.

No. There really wasn't.

Payton is fine. He's an average starting point guard. We'll need to address that some day. Not today.

Strangely, for all of his shooting woes, he is pretty decent offensively by many measures- it is defensively that he is a liability.

Of course, he would go from mediocre to good if he could ever get a decent shot.

Strangely, for all of his shooting woes, he is pretty decent offensively by many measures- it is defensively that he is a liability.

Of course, he would go from mediocre to good if he could ever get a decent shot.

Yup.

And his problems on defense are mostly screen related. Changing to a switching defense could, in theory, change that. Something to watch in the preseason.

Our offense was really good once we pushed tempo to end the year. Augustin can't do that.

Oh come on! I know you're usually pretty optimistic but we are bad offensively. I don't want to hear the small sample size stuff. We have no go to scorer, no alpha, no player who plays within the offense that excels. We are bad offensively and will more than likely be bad this year unless one or more of our young guys improve drastically.

This whole length and versatility rules the league thing is being taken too seriously. Basketball is about putting the ball in the basket. With the offensive monsters we have in the league now we can't rely on defense to stop the unstoppable. Let's at the very least get some play makers on our team that make the game easier for our inept offense.

Oh come on! I know you're usually pretty optimistic but we are bad offensively. I don't want to hear the small sample size stuff. We have no go to scorer, no alpha, no player who plays within the offense that excels. We are bad offensively and will more than likely be bad this year unless one or more of our young guys improve drastically.

This whole length and versatility rules the league thing is being taken too seriously. Basketball is about putting the ball in the basket. With the offensive monsters we have in the league now we can't rely on defense to stop the unstoppable. Let's at the very least get some play makers on our team that make the game easier for our inept offense.

In the meantime, while we wait for the playmakers to fall from the playmaker tree, we can put our current roster in better position to succeed instead of running a snail's pace with 2 bigs.

I don't just pull these things out of my ass http://on.nba.com/2tAcXoD

I don't just pull these things out of my ass http://on.nba.com/2tAcXoD

I wasn't doubting the stats. I want to see more than post all-star stats. I want to see consistency. Every year its post all-star this post all-star that. Every year we sign someone and say "if they can do this we will be ok". I'm tired of seeing middle lane guys land with us only to be exactly that. This really isn't about Mack but more about the direction of our team.

I don't believe in our current makeup so maybe I'm just frustrated. We can be versatile but every successful team has multiple capable scorers. We have none. I would for once just like to land one above average scorer.

Here's some questions I have for the more knowledgeable fans:

Why is Mario still on our team? - Because everybody in the Magic organisation is expecting to have a diamond in rough, unfortunatley his Barca II times said otherwise.

Why is EP still our starting PG when he can't even see the basket? - That's why we are bringing in Shelvin Mack, his hairstyle will fit into our scheme.

Why would we sign Biyombo to a HUGE contract when we could have had Dedmon much cheaper? - Henny got blown away by his Raptors PO performance, should have scouted him first.

Why did we do the Ibaka trade? Couldn't we have gotten more for VO and our pick? - Paul George maybe?

Why did we sign Jeff Green for $15M? He just signed with the Cavs for $2.3M - We needed to fill out our roster, used the money left.

Why did we draft a 3/4 when all the world knows that without a PG that can shoot they can just collapse on the 1 or 2 decent shooters that we do have? - Would have preferred DS Jr., but I must admit, I'd liked what I saw, in the summer league outings, from Isaac.

Why did we just sign a 4th PG when there are probably no takers for the ones that we already have? - Maybe Weltman is putting himself in a better situation for a potential trade (EP?)

Are we really going to sign AG and EP to big $ contracts when they haven't even shown that they should be starters? - I wouldn't. But in these NBA days, even the janitor get's paid.

Now with Mack on the roster we could trade Augustin & Watson for R. Jackson.

Jackson/Payton/Mack

Fournier/Mario/Mack/Ross

Ross/Isaac/Mario

Gordon/Isaac/FA

Vuc/Biyombo/FA

I think that roster should be enough for the 8 place in the east this year.