Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

me too. thinking about the last few years makes me sick to my stomach.

Biyombo

Gordon

Ross

Meeks

Payton

Vuc

?

Mario

Fournier

?

We are two pieces away from 'ship bro. It's not that bad. Poor use of roster imho.

I'm not making a point. I just posted part one of that offseason summary.

Well, there's one point. One of two.

" The team needs to build through the draft and become active on the trade front. It should not rely on cap space to put a foundation in place."

so if you remove the last two games as outlier pointless games this is Ross' stat line with the magic:

13.4 ppg 2.9 rpg 1.8 apg on 44/35/85 shooting

he had a 7 game stretch where he averaged 17.6 ppg 2.6 rpg 1.4 apg on 50/43/100 shooting

he had a 9 game stretch where he averaged 9.1 ppg 3.1 rpg 1.7 apg on 38/24/67 shooting

He's under contract for the 17-18 season at 10.5 million and the 18-19 season at 10.5 million.

Where do we go from here? He's either an appropriately paid backup who is inconsistent but provides high upside or a severely underpaid starter if he can be a bit more consistent.

I wonder if we could trade him for a late lotto pick? I wonder if Detroit would prefer Ross at 10.5 vs paying KCP if brookyln offers him like 4/72 or something considering they're both pretty much the same player. I wonder if Chicago would offer 14 considering they seem against playing young players and have a need for shooting. Should we even want to trade him for an early teens pick?

so if you remove the last two games as outlier pointless games this is Ross' stat line with the magic:

13.4 ppg 2.9 rpg 1.8 apg on 44/35/85 shooting

he had a 7 game stretch where he averaged 17.6 ppg 2.6 rpg 1.4 apg on 50/43/100 shooting

he had a 9 game stretch where he averaged 9.1 ppg 3.1 rpg 1.7 apg on 38/24/67 shooting

He's under contract for the 17-18 season at 10.5 million and the 18-19 season at 10.5 million.

Where do we go from here? He's either an appropriately paid backup who is inconsistent but provides high upside or a severely underpaid starter if he can be a bit more consistent.

I wonder if we could trade him for a late lotto pick? I wonder if Detroit would prefer Ross at 10.5 vs paying KCP if brookyln offers him like 4/72 or something considering they're both pretty much the same player. I wonder if Chicago would offer 14 considering they seem against playing young players and have a need for shooting. Should we even want to trade him for an early teens pick?

Take it from a Toronto fans perspective. Ross has played long enough that we know what he is. He is a shooter who offers little in the rebound,assist, steals department. He is very streaky, and likely much better as a bench scorer, not a starter.

So basically he fits right in Orlando, because i think all of our guys are bench players on a 1-4 seed playoff team.

Yes i believe a few of our guys can be good but not great starters on a playoff team. It's up to them to take the next step this year.

Take it from a Toronto fans perspective. Ross has played long enough that we know what he is. He is a shooter who offers little in the rebound,assist, steals department. He is very streaky, and likely much better as a bench scorer, not a starter.

So basically he fits right in Orlando, because i think all of our guys are bench players on a 1-4 seed playoff team.

Yes i believe a few of our guys can be good but not great starters on a playoff team. It's up to them to take the next step this year.

eh, he'd be fine as a starter on a great team. You just need a #1 option then other guys tend to look better. He'd start for San Antonio.

4th options generally don't need to be consistent. they just need to play defense and hit a few open shots.

eh, he'd be fine as a starter on a great team. You just need a #1 option then other guys tend to look better. He'd start for San Antonio.

4th options generally don't need to be consistent. they just need to play defense and hit a few open shots.

You could argue he's better than JR Smith

Scot Perry said we just didn't get abit of luck:

Hindsight can always be 20/20,” Perry said. “We know this. Along the way what you hope for when we were drafting where we were drafting — and this is where luck comes into play a little bit if you will, and you guys mentioned about tanking, which I am not a big fan of, to be honest. You don’t ever want to voluntarily if you will bring losing into your locker room. Once that gets into your culture, it’s hard to get out.

Luck becomes that in those drafts who is available at the very top that is going to become a franchise player? Like a LeBron James. Like a Kevin Durant, who we were fortunate enough to get when I was in Oklahoma City. Unfortunately, those guys were not available when we were a high Lottery-drafting team. We were never able to draft anyone. Even those guys it takes 2, 3, 4 years to make a mark and get into the Playoffs. It takes time.

Scot Perry said we just didn't get abit of luck:

Hindsight can always be 20/20,” Perry said. “We know this. Along the way what you hope for when we were drafting where we were drafting — and this is where luck comes into play a little bit if you will, and you guys mentioned about tanking, which I am not a big fan of, to be honest. You don’t ever want to voluntarily if you will bring losing into your locker room. Once that gets into your culture, it’s hard to get out.

Luck becomes that in those drafts who is available at the very top that is going to become a franchise player? Like a LeBron James. Like a Kevin Durant, who we were fortunate enough to get when I was in Oklahoma City. Unfortunately, those guys were not available when we were a high Lottery-drafting team. We were never able to draft anyone. Even those guys it takes 2, 3, 4 years to make a mark and get into the Playoffs. It takes time.

Said EXACTLY like every GM who should be fired. We didn't have luck....MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK! The Celts were in a much worse situation than us and in a short time they have made their own luck with worse picks than us too. This kind of thinking is what makes really bad teams and management. If I can't get Lebron every draft I have an out...come on. Trade up, down or out...make your own luck.

• Upvote 1