Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Ben McLemore to Grizz. 2 years 11 mil. Not a bad deal for Memphis to see if there's anything there.

Edit: Per Jeff Zillgitt

Ben McLemore to Grizz. 2 years 11 mil. Not a bad deal for Memphis to see if there's anything there.

That seems a little pricy for a kick the tires deal

I read this a couple days ago when it came out. I just don't agree.

Great prospects don't need competition, they're going to be good either way. Those elite prospects like Towns, Wiggins, Davis, Wall, Irving, even going back to Dwight, didn't need competition to become all stars. In our situation, it's been different because we haven't had one of those blue chip prospects. We've missed out (by our own doing) on the elite prospects every year.

I could see where competition for those lower tier rookies like Oladipo & Payton could be more beneficial to an extent but I'm still not convinced that if we had a better PG here Payton's rookie year he would be some all-star PG now. I don't fully buy that thinking.

I still think coaching has a bigger impact on rookie development over what other players are on the roster.

I get it. I'm not sure if I agree with it either. But the thing is, it doesn't really matter even if no one in this forum agrees with that article. What matters is what the people who control the playing time think, such as Vogel, Weltman, and Hammond. And in that regard, there were some quotes in the article that made it sound like they buy into the argument to some extent. If that's true, expect to see some veterans get some playing time, which would be part of an intentional strategy to help the younger players develop.

Again, not saying I agree with that strategy, but what I think doesn't matter at all in terms of who gets playing time, and the reasoning behind it.

I am very intrigued to see the progress Payton/AG/Mario have made. That's actually about all I'm looking forward to for this season other than Issac of course.

It feels like we say this every summer about the "young guns" du jour. I would be pleasantly surprised if any of them make significant progress, but I don't expect it to happen. In fact, as they're getting more conditioned to losing, it wouldn't surprise me to see them get worse.

That seems a little pricy for a kick the tires deal

Maybe. Idk though, roughly 5.3 mil per for a young guy that's most likely going to start. Not bad. I've always liked McLemore, he's still just 24 and shot nearly 39% from deep.

Memphis has a way of getting the most out of their players so we'll see if he's able to improve his game at all there.

I wonder if we have isaac wrong and he turns into some weird ibaka analog. Good ibaka. Not present day ibaka

If he's willing to play the 5 as that, I'm all for it.

I wonder if we have isaac wrong and he turns into some weird ibaka analog. Good ibaka. Not present day ibaka

His handle and ability to cut and curl make him so much more offensively already

Miami Chris Bosh lite

Who do we have under contract for next year?

Payton, Augustin

Fournier, Ross

Isaac, Hezonja

Gordon

Vucevic, Biyombo

Probably going to sign Iwundu and pick up the team option on Zimmerman.

Watson is currently on the squad with a 5 million dollar contract for next year, but if we waive him before July 10 it will only count as 1 million toward the cap.

Umm... I think that's it at the moment.. this was all off the top of my head so I may have missed some