Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Repeating something I noted last night: The Magic's reported interest in Joe Ingles appears to have been wildly overstated.

Per Robbins

Not sure if this is good news or bad!

Either way, I don't think this guy moves the needle for us as an overpaid 7th to 9th man in a 8 man Vogel rotation.

smile_beatcomp.gif

Our former player, JJ Redick, has joined the 76ers!

Somewhat jealous of the 76ers and their rebuild that's led to a projected lineup of Fultz, Redick, Simmons, Saric, Embiid.

It shows the difference between a team that has been lucky with where their draft picks have landed and the talent available to them. Whereas we have been somewhat unlucky in holding high draft picks in weak years (e.g. taking Oladipo second overall) and in stronger years miss out on a star talent because our pick has fallen a spot or been a spot out of getting a better player.

I loved what I saw of Isaac today. It was a hack fest out there but his length, feel, rebounding and shot blocking are so welcome!

Great for JJ to get paid! 1 year 23 million and he'll be able to hit the market again next year when more teams have money. The summer league game today showed me that if nothing else, we're gonna be annoyingly long on defense this year. The length of Isaac and Iwundu = ridiculous. I'd really like to see us sign a point guard to a 1 or 2 year deal with our cap space and put DJ in the role Shabazz played a couple years ago

No I said better than DJ. But who knows? I know how bad DJ is.

He's not better than dj. He had 10 points and 2 assists in a summer league game and is just going to be the next point guard magic fans overrate in summer league. Remember Maalik Waynes? Keith Appling? Justin dentmon? Nick Johnson?

I loved what I saw of Isaac today. It was a hack fest out there but his length, feel, rebounding and shot blocking are so welcome!

Would like him to shoot a bit better than 2-10 tomorrow though

Source: @Darren_Collison getting some love from @OrlandoMagic, @PelicansNBA, @SacramentoKings and @nuggets - would take less from contender.

Source: @Darren_Collison getting some love from @OrlandoMagic, @PelicansNBA, @SacramentoKings and @nuggets - would take less from contender.

Thought about him for a sec the other day.

How'd he do last season?