Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

I can't believe some people think Mack is better than Payton. If Mack was a good 3 point shooter you could argue he'd be a better fit for the starting unit (Payton would still be the better player though). But he's not a good 3 point shooter (only slightly better than Payton) and won't even be considered to start over EP.

Interesting that we're not even mentioned in the Lowe article

is it really? I'd be more surprised if we were mentioned.

Michael Scotto‏@MikeAScotto

Magic & Wesley Iwundu agree to a fully guaranteed 3-year, $4.1M deal, agent @austingwalton told @BBallInsiders. It's more than picks 31 & 3

fully guaranteed 3-yr deal for a 2nd rounder is.....not usual. Add that his summer league performance wasn't anything that stood out from other participants. Let's hope he's a contributor for our club.

Congrats for his dream coming true.

Josh Robbins‏ @JoshuaBRobbins

Wesley Iwundu's 3-year, $4.1 million deal with the Magic includes a team option for the 3rd year, WI's agent, Austin Walton, said.

Miami HEAT‏ @MiamiHEAT

OFFICIAL: HEAT Signs Derrick Walton Jr. to a Two-Way Contract

Kinda bummed he's not with us.

Michael Scotto‏@MikeAScotto

Magic & Wesley Iwundu agree to a fully guaranteed 3-year, $4.1M deal, agent @austingwalton told @BBallInsiders. It's more than picks 31 & 3

fully guaranteed 3-yr deal for a 2nd rounder is.....not usual. Add that his summer league performance wasn't anything that stood out from other participants. Let's hope he's a contributor for our club.

Congrats for his dream coming true.

Uh that seems like a bad deal

Maybe. If he is why trade him then?

Because Kyrie Irving.

Uh that seems like a bad deal

What a terrible deal. Again, love what the FO did in free agency but I hate the draft. This totally seems like them doubling down on Iwundu to prove some point. I saw nothing out of him in summer league that makes me think he's an NBA player and nothing jumps out about his college film either. Giving him a fully guaranteed 3 year deal is not necessary on any level.

Edit: Third year team option not near as bad.

Because Kyrie Irving.

What a terrible deal. Again, love what the FO did in free agency but I hate the draft. This totally seems like them doubling down on Iwundu to prove some point. I saw nothing out of him in summer league that makes me think he's an NBA player and nothing jumps out about his college film either. Giving him a fully guaranteed 3 year deal is not necessary on any level.

Third year team option makes more sense. Still, would rather have 1 year fully guaranteed. Next two non- guaranteed. Better for trades

Third year team option makes more sense. Still, would rather have 1 year fully guaranteed. Next two non- guaranteed. Better for trades

They really like Iwundu. I'm missing something with him. I don't see it.

Oh. Third year team option. Nevermind. Carry on

Isn't the whole benefit of a 2nd rounder that their contracts are basically year to year? Also, why are we paying him more than players drafted ahead of him?

Isn't the whole benefit of a 2nd rounder that their contracts are basically year to year? Also, why are we paying him more than players drafted ahead of him?

They're doubling down on him to prove a point that they nailed the draft despite the criticism from fans and media.

I'm kidding, I don't think that's really why but it's my Iwundu theory.