Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Because scoring is important in today's NBA. You can't just write off a 22 year old that can average 24 a game. That means something. It actually means a lot. You downplaying that type of productivity as "it's only scoring" doesn't really add up to me.

Scoring is hard to come by. It's one of the main reasons we completely suck cause our team is full of guys who can't do that consistently.

As far as stats go, when I'm at work on my phone it's hard to pull hem to support my claim but again I really don't think it's neccassry in this case.

When we debated AG against Saric or Porter those debates makes sense. This one doesn't to me.

eh, I think it's fair to criticize Wiggins' offense. people get enamored with the ppg totals but other things do matter.

Like 23 ppg is nice but he does play the most minutes in the league and has 19 fga per game.

he was in the 86th percentile in transition scoring

he was in the 36th percentile in isolation scoring

he was in the 60th percentile in p&r ball handling scoring

he was in the 47th percentile in post up scoring

he was in the 52nd percentile in spot up shooting

he was in the 73rd percentile in handoffs

he was in the 83rd percentile in cuts

he was in the 57th percentile in shooting off screens

he was in the 88th percentile in putbacks

so we have transition, handoffs, cuts, putbacks

lets provide some context with someone we watch a lot in Fournier.

Fournier had 17ppg last year with just under 14 fga per game

he was in the 57th percentile in transition

he was in the 86th percentile in isolation (PUMP THE BREAKS FOR A SECOND. Aaron Gordon was in the 97th percentile in isolation scoring??? I did NOT expect to find that. http://on.nba.com/2tu1HgJ )

he was in the 79th percentile in pick and role ball handling

he was in the 56th percentile in spot up shooting (this was a surprise)

he was in the 58th percentile in handoffs

he was in the 75th percentile in cuts

he was in the 60th percentile in shooting off screens

he was in the 11th percentile in putbacks.

Because scoring is important in today's NBA. You can't just write off a 22 year old that can average 24 a game. That means something. It actually means a lot. You downplaying that type of productivity as "it's only scoring" doesn't really add up to me.

Scoring is hard to come by. It's one of the main reasons we completely suck cause our team is full of guys who can't do that consistently.

As far as stats go, when I'm at work on my phone it's hard to pull hem to support my claim but again I really don't think it's neccassry in this case.

When we debated AG against Saric or Porter those debates makes sense. This one doesn't to me.

It's really not worth the time. The homerism on this board for AG knows no bounds. All Odin did was post a few shooting percentages and because AG is better in those categories Wiggins is overrated. Wow.

When we look at the roster, where do you see holes that need to be filled? What is most pressing?

PG - Elfrid Payton (6'4) // Shelvin Mack (6'3) // DJ Augustin (6'0)

SG - Evan Fournier (6'7) // Marcus Georges-Hunt (6'5)// Patricio Garino (6'6)

SF - Terrence Ross (6'7) // Jonathon Simmons (6'6)// Mario Hezonja (6'8)

PF - Aaron Gordon (6'9) // Jonathan Issac (6'10) // Damjan Rudez (6'10)

C - Nikola Vucevic (7'0) // Bismack Biyombo (6'9)

Wesley Iwundu (6'7) -Not Signed

___________________________________________________________________________________

Looking at that roster, I'd say that we still need offense and rebounding. Maybe Issac will be a better rebounder than we all expect but I really don't think he will cure everything. I think it's time to move on from Vucevic and embrace small ball. We could use guys who create their own shot and who aren't afraid to get after it on defense. What about these players?

Shabazz Muhammad

Tony Allen

Nerlens Noel

I know we don't have any cap room and most of these guys would be 1-3 year deals on minimum money, but I think they could help us out.

And Apparently we are connected to Shabazz in someway

@AlexKennedyNBA

The Hawks, Nets, Bucks, Knicks, Magic and Bulls have each shown some level of interest in unrestricted FA Shabazz Muhammad, sources confirm.

Also saw that Afflalo is still unsigned. He was a good addition to our team a few years back, maybe now he can be that veteran that we need to mentor the young guys?

Thats different than having a usage rate of 30 playing next to a faciliator like Rubio and Kris Dunn who cant score to save his life.

His role on the team is now somewhere between Otto Porter and Klay Thompson.

I think his role would be more in line as Wade when Lebron joined him.

It means something, but not as much as you seem to think it does.

There have been high scorers before on bad teams that never became all star players, and petered out to being "just ok" type players.

And Apparently we are connected to Shabazz in someway

Also saw that Afflalo is still unsigned. He was a good addition to our team a few years back, maybe now he can be that veteran that we need to mentor the young guys?

Shabazz was something before we got Simmons.

It means something, but not as much as you seem to think it does.

There have been high scorers before on bad teams that never became all star players, and petered out to being "just ok" type players.

Rudy Gay esque?

And this is valid. Wiggins has his flaws. Also, I said arguably the best player under 22.

I just can't imagine someone turning him down for Gordon.

No, you had said 23. But beyond that, fair enough!

Rudy Gay esque?

Yeah, he is a good comp I think.

It is definitely strange- it is hard to come up with a good comp for Wiggins because basically the only thing he does statistically is score. He doesn't get rebounds. He doesn't pass. He doesn't play defense (or get steals or blocks).

The advanced stats all seem to point to him as an average or replacement level player- and yet he scores 24 points a game as HeHateMe pointed out. At the same time he has the lowest TS% of any player in the top 20 (Wall is close, but I think we can all agree that Wall does a lot more.)

So how valuable is a guy that can get you a lot of points on average efficiency, but doesn't do anything else and will hurt you on the other end?

eh, I think it's fair to criticize Wiggins' offense. people get enamored with the ppg totals but other things do matter.

Like 23 ppg is nice but he does play the most minutes in the league and has 19 fga per game.

he was in the 86th percentile in isolation (PUMP THE BREAKS FOR A SECOND. Aaron Gordon was in the 97th percentile in isolation scoring??? I did NOT expect to find that. http://on.nba.com/2tu1HgJ )

Maybe we should go back to the stone age and just run iso sets for Gordon next year. (This is a joke).

another crazy thing I noticed. Fournier turns the ball over in 23% of his isolation plays. That's hilarious.