Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Keeping my fingers crossed for a Jerebko signing and a Vuch/Augustin trade

Augustin/Vuch trade?

You're going to develop carpal tunnel syndrome.

Vogel did say last year he thinks Mario is more of a 3-4 than a 2-3 now.

Just like a year before that the previous coaching staff was playing him at the PG position.

The magic organization has been really bad in handling his talent. I dont blame him for sucking. I am hoping we keep him at that G/SF position and leave it like that.

Just like a year before that the previous coaching staff was playing him at the PG position.

The magic organization has been really bad in handling his talent. I dont blame him for sucking. I am hoping we keep him at that G/SF position and leave it like that.

Yeah but he was 6'8. He's probably closer to 6'10 now and his main problem has been his defense. He can exploit his size as a 3 and 4. At the 2 he might get his butt handed to him against quicker players.

I like Birch. Hoping there are some team options on his deal so if it works out and he becomes an actual contributor we've got some control over his furure. If it doesn't work out he'll pass as a decent 3rd center for the season.

This. We have done a terrible job developing Mario. And I'm as critical towards Mario as anyone on this forum but in all honesty the guys has gone from playing PG to playing PF. Let's just say we haven't done in favors in aiding his development.

If Vogel see's him as a 3-4 that's great but IMO he's clearly still more of a 2-3 who should be seeing that vast majority of his minutes at the 3. Just let him learn in grow in that position then if you want to get creative you can do so after he establishes himself as an NBA player--which he hasn't done yet.

I watch tape on him, the same tape that got me exited about drafting him--and there is a good player there. We have done a terrible job of getting it out of him. I really hope this year he gets significant minutes.

Also, I saw Mario at a signing at Chase around 2 months ago and that guy is not 6'10, I don't know where that is coming from.

Yep. I'll take him over Zimm 7 days a week.

He's clearly better then Zim. Zim actually had a nice offensive game in college (which is why I liked him) but he was simply to slow and weak to showcase it in the NBA (or even summer league).

His Olympiacos highlights show a guy that should be able to switch on D with ease and will be very active around the rim. Doesn't have any offensive polish but neither does Biz and he's making 70 mil.

He actually looks a lot bigger then I remember him from Summer League a couple years ago. He for sure bulked up. This could be a solid pickup for our bench.