Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Rockets

AG left the arena in a walking boot last night... more to be determined i'd imagine.

Orlando Magic forward Aaron Gordon expressed optimism that an injured right foot won’t keep him out of action for an extended period of time. “It’s nothing too serious at all,” Gordon said. “I feel I’ll be back to playing soon.”

Is it wrong to think we might be better off keeping those two and shipping off some the younger assets wisely?

Yes, I think so. I would give Ibaka at most a 25% chance to stay, to start with. If you want to rebuild, you need to rebuild correctly.

We aren't good, sure, but we lost to possibly the 3rd best team in the league who blows a lot of teams out, and had long stretches where we looked competent.

Yet another moral victory. And we only gave up 128 and everyone knows they score a lot.

The common practice now is to boot every foot injury regardless of severity

Same foot he's had problems with before?

Is it wrong to think we might be better off keeping those two and shipping off some the younger assets wisely?

Love the idea of rebuilding around Vuch.......

I've seen it all season but a good percentage of it is Gordon not playing to his strengths offensively and Fournier playing selfish ball. Hezonja's attitude must be so poor for Vogel not to play him.

Vuc

Gordon

Hezonja

Fournier

Payton

I'll start by saying that I don't hate that lineup and think we will see it post trade deadline, so that way this post doesn't come across as too critical. That said, I find it incredible that you still feel like we are not meeting expectations because of AG 'not playing to his offensive strengths'. I'm sure this has been made abundantly clear at least once or twice before, but: AG has no offensive strengths. He never has. Ever. Your stubbornness for not understanding basketball players is unrivaled by any other member here, except for MAYBE Mauro Pedrosa's inability to understand point guards. At least Mauro is likable

I'll start by saying that I don't hate that lineup and think we will see it post trade deadline, so that way this post doesn't come across as too critical. That said, I find it incredible that you still feel like we are not meeting expectations because of AG 'not playing to his offensive strengths'. I'm sure this has been made abundantly clear at least once or twice before, but: AG has no offensive strengths. He never has. Ever. Your stubbornness for not understanding basketball players is unrivaled by any other member here, except for MAYBE Mauro Pedrosa's inability to understand point guards. At least Mauro is likable

Murphy, I will disagree with you that Gordon has no offensive strengths. I think you know that is hyperbole. While he is, I will admit, mediocre in many of the roles offensively that he is asked to fill, the idea that he has no strengths on offense is just untrue.

For one, he might be the best in the league at scoring when cutting to the basket, scoring about 1.89 points per possession. The problem is we don't have him doing it enough, as he has only had 47 chances- but if he is cutting to the basket, he is probably going to score.

He also just trails Dwight Howard on put back points per possession, scoring 1.3 points per possession when attempting a put back. Again, this doesn't happen enough.

Is he lacking in most other areas? Yes. Does he need to improve in those areas? Again, yes. But those two points above are offensive strengths which are not being used enough.

Terrible idea...I hope you're being sarcastic.

Might not be. Maybe long term it's worse to hinge our hopes on something that might not be with AG and Payton.

They also might net better players in a trade.