HardCutting Franz

Gamethread:Magic@Hawks

Random thoughts:

-Payton seems to like coming off the bench as a madman

-Ibaka is the real deal

-Our pace and spacing is better without Vooch

-We're still missing a go-to guy

Great win.

Outside of Ibaka, we don't have anyone who's consistently played well, so I guess we just gotta roll with the guys who are hot.

Surprised at the lack of mentions of Jeff Green who was awesome lol.

Payton and Meeks were terrific

So the two games this weekend I could watch were awful and then next game we drop 131 points. Maybe I'm bad luck.

I'm the exacts same, I've only watched one game live where Magic have won this season.

The best thing about this win is Payton too. It would be great if he could score or assist more often. I'd be happy if he just had double figure assists more often

Great win.

Outside of Ibaka, we don't have anyone who's consistently played well, so I guess we just gotta roll with the guys who are hot.

Surprised at the lack of mentions of Jeff Green who was awesome lol.

Payton and Meeks were terrific

Green wasn't bad, but I think it was more him playing well with Payton then his individual play. It was a good Green game, not a great Green game.

But maybe I am just jaded from my general dislike of Green.

Green wasn't bad, but I think it was more him playing well with Payton then his individual play. It was a good Green game, not a great Green game.

But maybe I am just jaded from my general dislike of Green.

That's what it is.

For me, his defense will always be a head shaker but offensively he did some good things last night.

I think for me it's always a worry that he'll end up back into the starting lineup. Never want the staff to rely on that. If we need to upgrade, do it but just don't promote or settle for Green lol

That's what it is.

For me, his defense will always be a head shaker but offensively he did some good things last night.

I think for me it's always a worry that he'll end up back into the starting the lineup. Never want the staff to rely on that. If we need to upgrade, do it but just don't promote or settle for Green lol

yeah. you never know what you're going to get with green. He can put up a bunch of empty stats, he can put up really good impactful numbers, he can be a complete non-entity. All at random. He can be a great defensive player, he can be a terrible defensive player. random.

yeah. you never know what you're going to get with green. He can put up a bunch of empty stats, he can put up really good impactful numbers, he can be a complete non-entity. All at random. He can be a great defensive player, he can be a terrible defensive player. random.

Typical 6-8 man.

That's what it is.

I think for me it's always a worry that he'll end up back into the starting lineup. Never want the staff to rely on that. If we need to upgrade, do it but just don't promote or settle for Green lol

He also turned the ball over 3 times, which isn't game ending, but is obviously not good, and is very noticeable when the rest of the team turned the ball over only 6 times.

And he is still a black hole on offense, with a total of 1 assist in almost 31 minutes. It is all fine when he is hitting shots, but he had the lowest TS% of any player that played more than 15 minutes. (DJ Augustin was worse, but obviously wasn't needed with Elfrid going Super Saiyan, and I guess I really shouldn't be complaining about a 52% TS%, with what we have seen this year)

All that said, he did seem to work well with Payton and Meeks, which shouldn't be discounted. He was definitely solid today, and, with how that group played, I am not upset that Vogel went with them over putting Gordon back in the game.