Soul Bro

Is It Time for Rob to Go?

Is It Time for Rob to Go?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Is It Time for Rob to Go?

• Yes, I no longer have confidence in him as the Magic GM
    • No, I still have confidence in him as the Magic GM
    • Unsure

I feel like some how Matt Millen and Rob are connected.....

To be honest, if it gets worst and the losses start piling... then all the front office should have to suit up for a real live game.

We can watch them make a fool of themselves much like they are doing to this franchise.

I'm unsure because partly of the whole Skiles hiring which I don't think was Henny's guy. I doubt Henny would've done that Harris deal otherwise.

I'm also waiting to see what direction he goes in trades.

Jesus Christ, we're still blaming Skiles? :svgsad:

No. Go back to bed.

Okay... but it seems like some people are still trying to blame Skiles for the crap roster of this team. I mean, I didn't just bring Skiles up out of the blue. You said you were unsure if Hennigan has been bad because of the Skiles hire, which was likely influenced by Martins and the higher-ups. But the only reason we have to throw shade on Skiles is that he couldn't get along with Hennigan and thus quit. I mean, court-side he did his job at least reasonably well as a coach. 10 game improvement, had Fournier and Dipo playing the best ball of their careers, Gordon looked good. Hard to blame him for Elf sucking, since Elf's numbers have looked almost identical through now 4 coaches. Elf is Elf. I'm pissed at Skiles for quitting too, but I have a hard time blaming him for the Tobias trade without jumping through some revisionist history hoops.

Rob made this bed. Not Martins, not Skiles, not anyone else. Rob signed Jeff Green for $15 million. Rob paid $70 million for a backup center with no offense. Rob traded the one guy on the team capable of creating offense off the dribble. Rob traded a valuable young asset in Harris for nothing. Rob traded an extra future first-round pick for a PG who can't create offense or play off the ball. Rob loaded up on one-dimensional players. Rob.

Rob.

• Upvote 2

Okay... but it seems like some people are still trying to blame Skiles for the crap roster of this team. I mean, I didn't just bring Skiles up out of the blue. You said you were unsure if Hennigan has been bad because of the Skiles hire, which was likely influenced by Martins and the higher-ups. But the only reason we have to throw shade on Skiles is that he couldn't get along with Hennigan and thus quit. I mean, court-side he did his job at least reasonably well as a coach. 10 game improvement, had Fournier and Dipo playing the best ball of their careers, Gordon looked good. Hard to blame him for Elf sucking, since Elf's numbers have looked almost identical through now 4 coaches. Elf is Elf. I'm pissed at Skiles for quitting too, but I have a hard time blaming him for the Tobias trade without jumping through some revisionist history hoops.

Rob made this bed. Not Martins, not Skiles, not anyone else. Rob signed Jeff Green for $15 million. Rob paid $70 million for a backup center with no offense. Rob traded the one guy on the team capable of creating offense off the dribble. Rob traded a valuable young asset in Harris for nothing. Rob traded an extra future first-round pick for a PG who can't create offense or play off the ball. Rob loaded up on one-dimensional players. Rob.

Rob.

I'm unsure because I don't feel real comfortable in management replacing him with someone competent and while I believe Henny was influenced to hire Skiles and tried to do right by trading Harris for Skiles ol buddies I recognize that Henny is a grown man and made the final call.

I also like to see what Rob does soon. Can he salvage the season with a trade and continue on with the playoff push? I want to find out first.

Rob.

Yes please! Preach!

I also like to see what Rob does soon. Can he salvage the season with a trade and continue on with the playoff push? I want to find out first.

After 5yrs, why let him continue and hurt the franchise more? Do you want to see Ibaka and Gordon and Payton packaged up for a single player.... because Rob is dumb enough to do it.

I'm unsure because I don't feel real comfortable in management replacing him with someone competent and while I believe Henny was influenced to hire Skiles and tried to do right by trading Harris for Skiles ol buddies I recognize that Henny is a grown man and made the final call.

Okay, I misunderstood. I pretty much agree. I think it would probably be foolish to let him go mid-season (I've said that before). I'm all for letting him try to fix his own mess with a trade to push for the playoffs this year. But as I've said, if we continue to look like a bottom 5 team after 25 games, I will be all for getting rid of him whenever. Let him finish the season, fine. That'd be my call. But if they want to fire him the day after game 25, I won't complain. This team is a mess.

After 5yrs, why let him continue and hurt the franchise more? Do you want to see Ibaka and Gordon and Payton packaged up for a single player.... because Rob is dumb enough to do it.

No, I don't which is another reason why I'm unsure.

However, if that single player is a big game changer, might have to give up something. Not all, but something.

No, I don't which is another reason why I'm unsure.

However, if that single player is a big game changer, might have to give up something. Not all, but something.

Other than DMC who else is out there? Rudy Gay? John Wall? Brandon Knight? Wes Matthews? Brook Lopez? Ricky Rubio? Do these guys move the needle?

Other than DMC who else is out there? Rudy Gay? John Wall? Brandon Knight? Wes Matthews? Brook Lopez? Ricky Rubio? Do these guys move the needle?

Wall does but I don't think they're trading him.

The rest, nope.

Starting DJ for now and making CJ the backup PG could solve a lot of our poor ball movement issues. Payton has really stagnated and he no longer deserves to be a leader of this team.

The rotation could be arguably:

Ibaka

Gordon (post up player -- less shooting now. The shooting can grow in time, but he needs to focus on what he's good at...)

Hezonja

Fournier

Augustin

Biyombo

Vuc

Rudez/Green

Watson

Payton