Soul Bro

Is It Time for Rob to Go?

Is It Time for Rob to Go?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Is It Time for Rob to Go?

• Yes, I no longer have confidence in him as the Magic GM
    • No, I still have confidence in him as the Magic GM
    • Unsure

I think it's time to go in a new direction. I honestly never got why so many fans have been in love with the guy, cool he was in the OKC front office when they drafted Durant and Westbrook...how does that make him qualified to run our franchise?

Fact is, this 5 year stretch he's overseen has been the worst in the history of our franchise. We've dropped off from championship contenders to bottom dwelling trash that is now reaching and overpaying in a desperate attempt to have some playoff games again. He did take over a terrible situation, but five years is more than enough time. His drafting has been suspect at best, he's gone for overly athletic players and has ignored shooting outside of Hezonja (who ironically is shooting terribly). The best thing you can say about him was his ability to get assets for players at the right time early on. Trading J.J. Redick to Milwaukee for Tobias Harris was brilliant. He unfortunately un-did that move by trading Harris to Detroit for Brandon Jennings and Ersan Ilyasova in a sad attempt to please Scott Skiles. Trading Afflalo back to Denver for Fournier has shown to be a good move as well, but now some are wondering if Fournier was worth the deal we gave him and he's seemingly having to take a bigger role than he is capable of handling. He's just not done enough to justify keeping his job, sorry but this is a brutal results driven business and I think it's best if we get a new group of people calling the shots. Not just Henny needs to go either, get rid of Alex Martins while we are at it. He's pretty much one of the few prominent employees left over from the Dwight Howard era and I feel like he should no longer have input on anything.

A trip down memory lane:

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=253976&view=findpost&p=971380

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=253976&view=findpost&p=971302

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29223&view=findpost&p=860651

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=89092&view=findpost&p=860040

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33803&view=findpost&p=802853

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=254228&view=findpost&p=992958

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?/topic/253976-the-art-of-tanking/page__view__findpost__p__971883

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=254228&view=findpost&p=992956

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=254239&view=findpost&p=991976

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?/topic/253976-the-art-of-tanking/page__view__findpost__p__971882

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?/topic/253976-the-art-of-tanking/page__view__findpost__p__971888

I've left out some of the ones with the worst insults. Those of us who expressed any doubt about Henningan's strategy over the years have taken tons of abuse here. Given the apparent current state of the team, I wish the Henny supporters had been more correct.

No doubt about that... People have been bashing me because I saw this 3yrs ago and started then. Put up a thread to say playoffs or bust, more bashing.

And yet here we are the same stuff i have said before is here now. You critics need to own to your actions and just come out.

Henny made a list of errors starting from hiring JV, when he should went with true experience. From there his moves and comments didnt reflect the product that was in Beta. Rob kept going and turned our beta team into a serious tanking contender.

When the league is going for points we go for paint defense.... hello disconnect.

Zach Mikash wrote for Denver Stiffs earlier this month about the five stages of an NBA rebuild — bottoming out, acquiring youth, returning to relevancy, reaching perennial playoff contention, and eventually contending for a championship.

Perhaps the most discouraging part of going into a rebuild is that history has shown for every successful rebuild that leads to championship contention, there are many more that accomplish nothing more than a brief rise to mediocrity and then a sudden drop back into rebuilding. However, when a team does have a successful rebuild they usually work through five stages (sometimes four if they get out ahead of it early) and for the most part, each of the five stages takes at least a year to complete.

The process of bottoming out, accumulating assets and re-attaining relevancy generally takes anywhere between 4-6 years. That was the case for pre-Stephen Curry Golden State Warriors, pre-LeBron James Cleveland Cavaliers, the pre-Kevin Durant Oklahoma City Thunder/Seattle Sonics and many more franchises that put their faith in the process.

http://orlandomagicd...ndoned-rebuild/

Man, that article leaves one with an somber acceptance of the inevitable.

We should've never done the Ibaka trade IMO. Not because of Ibaka but because what I worry we possibly did to AG's development. Maybe it pans out, makes him better but to me he's an 4. Always has been, always will be and we're pulling him away from what could have been to chasing something that was never there.

We are likely on path to the rebuild part duex even though we aren't shooting for that. I'm alright with that just hope if so, luck is on our side this time.

It's hard to believe we traded three young assets (Dipo, Harris and Harkless) who are all now starters on contending teams. Throw in Sabonis, too, as he's also a starter at the moment. Henny and Company clearly abandoned the rebuild and tried to cash in for what we have today.

True, but still Soul Bro... what kills me is why these moves... like who thought it was a good idea to go after bigs (Ibaka, Biyombo, Green) when all around the league 3pt shooting has been an emphasis's.

I mean did Rob not come from one the most rated 3pt teams in OKC? He saw first hand what you can do right... the moves that took place look nothing like the OKC template... well besides Ibaka now... but hell he is playing at the 4 and isnt providint much in terms of offensive 3s and Defense.

Did Rob get told by Jordan that Biyombo is the second coming of Hakeem?

How does Payton not have some type of offensive game to go to when he cant hit the lane? How long has he played basketball? Who scouted him, who hadnt developed him?

And yea i do watch our former players do well, are they playing like all stars.. no... but they contribute to their teams, Harkless was stroking 3s from Damien for example.

I thought we bottomed out after Dwight and stuff, but we cleared that.

The thought of tanking for lottery in a non structured lottery system is again dumb and should never be used as a strategy, but we used it... alot.

I thought that aftet 5 yrs we might go through 2 coaches... nope we are at 3... and depending on this season and risk of leadership being fired, it might get to #4.

Our roster went from people who can score to ..... nada, nothing, Fournier is our Jordan/Pippen/Kerr/Kukoc... beyond that we have a butt load of Rodmans.

The way we spent money was stupid, no one says you need too and yet here we are over the cap!....

We over the cap and this is our high priced team?

LMAO HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Sorry Rob, you and your team isnt very good and the record, trades and money speaks for itself.

Please resign Rob. You have turned a Franchise into a Joke.

True, but still Soul Bro... what kills me is why these moves... like who thought it was a good idea to go after bigs (Ibaka, Biyombo, Green) when all around the league 3pt shooting has been an emphasis's.

I mean did Rob not come from one the most rated 3pt teams in OKC? He saw first hand what you can do right... the moves that took place look nothing like the OKC template... well besides Ibaka now... but hell he is playing at the 4 and isnt providint much in terms of offensive 3s and Defense.

How does Payton not have some type of offensive game to go to when he cant hit the lane? How long has he played basketball? Who scouted him, who hadnt developed him?

And yea i do watch our former players do well, are they playing like all stars.. no... but they contribute to their teams, Harkless was stroking 3s from Damien for example.

The thought of tanking for lottery in a non structured lottery system is again dumb and should never be used as a strategy, but we used it... alot.

I thought that aftet 5 yrs we might go through 2 coaches... nope we are at 3... and depending on this season and risk of leadership being fired, it might get to #4.

Our roster went from people who can score to ..... nada, nothing, Fournier is our Jordan/Pippen/Kerr/Kukoc... beyond that we have a butt load of Rodmans.

The way we spent money was stupid, no one says you need too and yet here we are over the cap!....

Sorry Rob, you and your team isnt very good and the record, trades and money speaks for itself.

Ibaka is a 46% three point shooter this season, meeks is a career 37% shooter. Augustin is a career 37% three point shooter. Wilcox is a career 37% shooter. Rudez is a career 39% shooter.

We added shooters to the shooters we already have. Shooting isn't the problem. The rotation is the problem

Ibaka is a 46% three point shooter this season, meeks is a career 37% shooter. Augustin is a career 37% three point shooter. Wilcox is a career 37% shooter. Rudez is a career 39% shooter.

We added shooters to the shooters we already have. Shooting isn't the problem. The rotation is the problem

Rotation and not having an scorer.

Scorer and shooter are two different players.

The only thing about your post that I take issue with is saying that we have a butt load of Rodmans. If that was true we could easily trade a few and we would be a playoff team overnight.

Rotation and not having an scorer.

Scorer and shooter are two different players.

You can survive without scorers with good ball movement but that's lacking

You can survive without scorers with good ball movement but that's lacking

You're gonna struggle making the playoffs with streaky shooters and defense.

You need at least one player who can create offense. Ball movements can be prestine and still struggle to put points on the board. Gotta get a offensive creator man.

This really made me laugh