Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

GAME THREAD: WIZARDS @ MAGIC

Gordon doesn't have the offensive awareness or repertoire to be Paul George and it's not something you can just become.

He's an 4 and I believe it's only an matter of time before Vogel switches him back there.

And this is the problem that was created when we traded Tobias. I still think we traded Tobias because we knew Gordon, Tobias and Vucevic could never be our frontcourt of the future. This is not hindsight but i knew at the time we really needed to trade Vucevic, it would have been hard to sell, but we needed to do it.

With Skiles as coach and management wanting wins there was no way we could trade our leading scorer. I think we all know now that it was a mistake, not because Tobias is such a good player(he is pretty good) but because we need pieces that fit together and management keeps making the wrong choices.

I prefer our team with a defensive minded center, everybody seems to like Biyombo. I had hopes we could get a free agent SF but after this summer i realize we struck out and should have kept the cheaper alternative.

Mario had the best 9-2-2 game I've ever seen

I was there last night. Mario was terrible in the first half, missing one wide open shot after another. Fortunately he played great in the 4th when it was most needed, and if game balls are handed out I believe he should get the one for last night's win. On the other hand, who was supposed to be guarding Morris on the last play?

I was there last night. Mario was terrible in the first half, missing one wide open shot after another. Fortunately he played great in the 4th when it was most needed, and if game balls are handed out I believe he should get the one for last night's win. On the other hand, who was supposed to be guarding Morris on the last play?

Yeah he was so bad in the first half. But he saved the game in the second. Vogel has faith in him.

Gordon doesn't have the offensive awareness or repertoire to be Paul George and it's not something you can just become.

He's an 4 and I believe it's only an matter of time before Vogel switches him back there.

It's time for Vogel to make Jeff Green a starter. We need his scoring right off the back to be able to 'control' the game. AG is not ready to contribute as a starter right now, maybe he can with the second unit? This should give him time to grow into a greater role.

Any one notice that we've been closing these very tight games that we would usually lose last season? Kind of refreshing.

Kind of, but we can't ignore the fact that the combined records of the three teams we beat is 3-14.

It's time for Vogel to make Jeff Green a starter. We need his scoring right off the back to be able to 'control' the game. AG is not ready to contribute as a starter right now, maybe he can with the second unit? This should give him time to grow into a greater role.

I disagree. Green is fine where he's at. We need someone off the bench to be able to score.

We're investing in AG and this is the year to see what direction we go. He needs to be treated as an starter.

We really need to see Mario take off though. His development is key IMO.

I disagree. Green is fine where he's at. We need someone off the bench to be able to score.

We're investing in AG and this is the year to see what direction we go. He needs to be treated as an starter.

We really need to see Mario take off though. His development is key IMO.

Agreed. We're trying to make AG our future; Green is not and is likely gone next year.

If AG moves to the bench the offense of the 2nd unit is going to be really bad. At least for now we have Fournier Ibaka and Vuc to take up the slack in the starting unit while Payton and Gordon continue to develop their offense.

Kind of, but we can't ignore the fact that the combined records of the three teams we beat is 3-14.

Better to beat the bad teams than to be one.