Sign in to follow this  
The Neighborhood Bully

GAME THREAD: SACRAMENTO KINGS @ ORLANDO MAGIC

Vogel's handling him perfectly. Let him go out there and do whatever. Limit his minutes when he's not productive. Let him get comfortable on the court. It's all mental for him.

I'm not really sold on that. It may be true, but he's shown basically nothing in the NBA at this point.

I'm not really sold on that. It may be true, but he's shown basically nothing in the NBA at this point.

He pauses and analyses the defense, plans his move, and that causes mistakes. That's a mental thing. He needs to just go play.

People forget how good he looked at times last year when he was decisive. I don't know if petrovic broke him this summer or if this is just a sophomore slump like we've seen with other guys or if he needs to talk to a sports psychologist

He pauses and analyses the defense, plans his move, and that causes mistakes. That's a mental thing. He needs to just go play.

People forget how good he looked at times last year when he was decisive. I don't know if petrovic broke him this summer or if this is just a sophomore slump like we've seen with other guys or if he needs to talk to a sports psychologist

I hope you're right. He's ridiculously talented from what I've seen from some of his overseas highlights. I can see what you're saying with the mental thing; he was said to be overly confident. He seems to have heard it and taken it way too far in the other direction.

100%! Mario hesitates to the maximum. What's funny is he usually ends up doing exactly what he should of done in the first place. He just tends to do them too late and it causes a bad shot or a dribble drive that results in a turnover. His knowledge of the game is apparent. As long as he doesn't hurt us too much we need to continue to give him time and see if he figures it out.

Curious to see how much Mario plays when we get Meeks back, assuming Mario keeps struggling

Hopefully Meeks will take the 12ish minutes from Watson/Wilcox, and then you play him and Mario longer when they are shooting well.

Meeks should take Watson's minutes. Watson is pretty much useless

Mario needs to stop dribbling the ball. He needs to play like Kyle Korver and just play off screens

The 2nd unit saved us big time.

Meeks should take Watson's minutes. Watson is pretty much useless

Mario needs to stop dribbling the ball. He needs to play like Kyle Korver and just play off screens

The 2nd unit saved us big time.

Nah. He's got more potential than Korver. It's also mental with him.

Just needs more time.

Just needs more time.

Yeah but he should play like korver then expand instead of doing too much

Just needs more time.

He has not proven to be anywhere near the shooter that Kyle Korver is and he certainly has not managed to carve out any particular role for this team as of yet. Obviously there is still time, but his shooting ability seems to be somewhat exaggerated based on what he's shown in the NBA to this point. You can't even call him a streaky shooter because he hasn't had more than maybe 2-3 games where he actually heated up and made consecutive baskets.

He has not proven to be anywhere near the shooter that Kyle Korver is and he certainly has not managed to carve out any particular role for this team as of yet. Obviously there is still time, but his shooting ability seems to be somewhat exaggerated based on what he's shown in the NBA to this point. You can't even call him a streaky shooter because he hasn't had more than maybe 2-3 games where he actually heated up and made consecutive baskets.

see that's the thing. You look back and think "how many meaningful nba games did hezonja have last year? 2? 3?"

In reality it was closer to 20. It's just been 3 in the last 7 months.