Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Earlier this month, Josh Robbins of The Orlando Sentinel reported that the Magicwere in the market for scoring help, and were expected to explore potential deals that could help them add a player with that skill set. Robbins didn’t specify any players or positions the Magic were eyeing, but in an ESPN TrueHoops podcast this week, Brian Windhorst reports that Orlando is “calling around looking for point guard help.”

Although Windhorst adds that the Magic are seeking scoring help in general, the focus on the point guard position is interesting. Elfrid Payton, now 22 years old, hasn’t taken significant steps forward, having averaged a modest 10.9 PPG and a career-low 5.7 APG this season. His backups, D.J. Augustin and C.J. Watson, provide decent depth, but neither player is the type that will fill up the score sheet on a given night.

The name I keep coming back to is Jrue Holiday.

I'm not some huge Holiday fan. I just can't figure out anything else that makes sense.

Bledsoe would be great here but I don't know what we give phoenix that makes them jump at that chance to give him to us.

Mills would fit what we're looking for but I don't know what San Antonio would look at for a return.

who else is on the board? Corey Joseph?

I'm not some huge Holiday fan. I just can't figure out anything else that makes sense.

Bledsoe would be great here but I don't know what we give phoenix that makes them jump at that chance to give him to us.

Mills would fit what we're looking for but I don't know what San Antonio would look at for a return.

Reggie Jackson? Ian Clark? Brandon Knight? Terry Rozier? I can't come up with anybody to get excited about. You're right, in Holiday is the only somewhat realistic option. Bledsoe's been ballin' lately, so it's gonna take a lot to get him

Mario and Augustin for Mills?

I wouldn't be surprise if we go after Bledsoe. Henny likes him but I still stand against it because of his knees.

Jrue is constantly injured as well.

No one makes sense unless we decide to go with a combo guard. Lavine, Lou Williams, etc. Fournier has handled the ball a lot lately and maybe that will continue. Don't feel comfortable with that.

Is there anyone who's been under the radar that with more of a bigger role and PT they will blow up?

I dunno. Dunn?

I wouldn't be surprise if we go after Bledsoe. Henny likes him but I still stand against it because of his knees.

Jrue is constantly injured as well.

No one makes sense unless we decide to go with a combo guard. Lavine, Lou Williams, etc. Fournier has handled the ball a lot lately and maybe that will continue. Don't feel comfortable with that.

Is there anyone who's been under the radar that with more of a bigger role and PT they will blow up?

I dunno. Dunn?

Nobody that would make any more sense than just sticking with Payton/augustin.

Shelvin Mack?

that's about it.