Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

what you do is you blitz indy. give them a godfather offer. you give a slightly lesser offer for jimmy butler (as it takes a couple years to build a team, it's going to suck if you finally build something and Butler is turning 30 and you're looking at a two year window).

best case scenario you get one to bite.

worst case scenario you're providing indy or Chicago leverage to screw with boston a bit.

KCP is supposedly Stan's favorite player in Detroit right now. I don't think he sends him here.

I did just read from Woj that the Pistons are "open" to trading him. But it looks unlikely, they may just be mildly concerned a team with a ton of cap like the Nets try and sign him to an absurd deal as an RFA this summer.

I did just read from Woj that the Pistons are "open" to trading him. But it looks unlikely, they may just be mildly concerned a team with a ton of cap like the Nets try and sign him to an absurd deal as an RFA this summer.

yeah, they don't want to tie up a bunch of money on a 38 win team.

My PG wish-list:

1. Lillard (unlikely)

2. Reggie Jackson (could be a nice upgrade)

3. Rubio (Maybe we could steal LaVine in a trade with the wolves. Something like Augustin, Meeks and the TOR-Pick for Rubio and LaVine). I think Rubio would be great in our new starting lineup!

if you break it down though you're offering, hypothetically the 9th pick in the draft, a 2018 pick swap that might as well not exist as we're going to be better than them, a 2019 pick, a second rounder, Gordon, and Fournier.

boston offers a top 3 pick, their own 2018 pick, brown, and crowder. that beats our deal.

i mean, of course, and don't forget the laker pick (so that's 2 unprotected 2019 picks); but with a little luck and depending on how Bird views the incoming players to build around Turner, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that ORL could've pulled it off with creativity.

Reggie for DJ and Green

George and Jefferson for Vooch, Fournier, Mario, 17 first, right two swap 18 first, 19 first

Jackson/Ross/George/Gordon/Biyombo

who says no?

Reggie for DJ and Green

George and Jefferson for Vooch, Fournier, Mario, 17 first, right two swap 18 first, 19 first

who says no?

Indy easily says no. Det already has said no, lol.

I don't think you get George without AG + 17 pick. But in the event that we did, i like that lineup a lot. still with a couple pieces to build up the bench.

i mean, of course, and don't forget the laker pick (so that's 2 unprotected 2019 picks); but with a little luck and depending on how Bird views the incoming players to build around Turner, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that ORL could've pulled it off with creativity.

Lakers are going into full blown tank mode after trading Williams, so more than likely we get 2 2nd round picks.

Reggie for DJ and Green

who says no?

I don't know, that's a lot of draft picks to give up for a guy who may not re-sign here. I feel like that team doesn't scare anyone either.

Indy easily says no. Det already has said no, lol.

I don't think you get George without AG + 17 pick. But in the event that we did, i like that lineup a lot. still with a couple pieces to build up the bench.

Yeah.. I'm just optimistic.. Nothing makes sense anymore after what New Orleans traded for Cousins

Lakers are going into full blown tank mode after trading Williams, so more than likely we get 2 2nd round picks.

if it makes you feel any better, if they stay where they are we have a 53.1% chance of getting the pick. if they move up to 2 then we have a 44.2% chance of getting the pick.