Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

I'd go our 2017 pick, the raptor pick, the laker pick, and our 2019 pick plus Fournier, vucevic and green for George, al Jefferson, and monta (or stuckey).

or I'd go 2017 pick, raptor pick, vucevic green and Gordon for George and al Jefferson. and then try to get a 4 for fournier

so you're ending up with payton-ross-George-Gordon-biyombo

or

payton-ross-George-pf you get for Fournier-biyombo

This team still isn't very good though. It's fantasy land anyways.

I know. Everything that would be awesome being talked about doesn't have us attached to it.

I have a feeling the Reggie Jackson deal happens. Makes sense for them and Rob likes trading for guys he's familiar with. If we're just giving up the previously rumored Green and Augustin for him, I won't complain but I don't think he's the answer at PG either necessarily.

I have a feeling the Reggie Jackson deal happens. Makes sense for them and Rob likes trading for guys he's familiar with. If we're just giving up the previously rumored Green and Augustin for him, I won't complain but I don't think he's the answer at PG either necessarily.

If Drummond comes with him.

We couldn't trade for Boogie and George

I think if presented with the possibility at the same time, there could've been a way to get creative:

trade with Sac:

Vuc + Mario + 2017 (top 10 protected) for Boogie

trade with Indy:

Fournier + AG + 2017 pick 1-10 (reverse protection; if not conveyed then 2018 unprotected; if conveyed, also give 2018 pick swap) + Tor Pick + 2017 ORL 2nd + Laker pick + 2019 ORL pick (top 3 protection; year after PG can be FA)

then trade with NO:

Wilcox for Terrence Jones

Elf/DJ/CJ

Ross/Meeks

George/Green

Jones/Rudez

Boogie/Biz/Zimmer

optional trade with Detroit:

Green + DJ + 2018 pick (set it up so Indy gets first dibs; if not conveyed, turns to a 2nd)

If Det trade happens, still have Elf, CJ, & Biz to help shape up the bench in the summer via trades.

If Drummond comes with him.

I'm not against getting Drummond at all. But we'd have to keep Fournier, because we need some perimeter scoring too to balance out the team. I feel like we can't get both Jackson and Drummond from them without giving up Fournier too though.

I think if presented with the possibility at the same time, there could've been a way to get creative:

trade with Sac:

Vuc + Mario + 2017 (top 10 protected) for Boogie

trade with Indy:

Fournier + AG + 2017 pick 1-10 (reverse protection; if not conveyed 2018 unprotected; if conveyed, also give 2018 pick swap) + 2017 ORL 2nd + Laker pick (same protections) + 2019 ORL pick (top 3 protection; year after PG can be FA)

then trade with NO:

Wilcox for Terrence Jones

Elf/DJ/CJ

Ross/Meeks

George/Green

Jones/Rudez

Boogie/Biz/Zimmer

optional trade with Detroit:

Green + DJ + Tor pick for Jackson

1. Terrence jones wouldn't be traded in this scenario. he wants out because his minutes are gone.

2. I don't think sacramento does vuc, Mario, and the first for boogie. that's different than vuc, evan, and our first for boogie.

3. In your scenario, sacramento is getting no picks if they don't get our pick this year.

4. you really think sacramento would agree to what is presumably a 2018 pick that's likely to be in the 20s when they got what is possibly #9 this year and a second?

1. Terrence jones wouldn't be traded in this scenario. he wants out because his minutes are gone.

2. I don't think sacramento does vuc, Mario, and the first for boogie. that's different than vuc, evan, and our first for boogie.

3. In your scenario, sacramento is getting no picks if they don't get our pick this year.

4. you really think sacramento would agree to what is presumably a 2018 pick that's likely to be in the 20s when they got what is possibly #9 this year and a second?

5. that George trade is easily trumped by boston.

6. Boogie was traded on Monday, George will be traded on Thursday. you're operating in a world that is built upon simultaneous negotiation which doesn't work in reality. You don't trade for Boogie without being able to pair him with George. You cant know if you get George because the boogie trade happened already.

I'm not against getting Drummond at all. But we'd have to keep Fournier, because we need some perimeter scoring too to balance out the team. I feel like we can't get both Jackson and Drummond from them without giving up Fournier too though.

We could ask for KCP as well. Give them Mario.

Also give them the Toronto pick.

Sneak into the top 3 and we could have

Reggie

Ross

Jackson

AG

Drummond

Or replace Ross with KCP