Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Strange that Skiles then promptly sat both of them on the bench and gave them both the least minutes of their respective careers.

Because they sucked and wasn't doing any better.

I'm saying Skiles isn't to blame for us not getting a pick. I think it's likely Skiles suggested getting them, but doubtful he demanded Rob get his guys, at all cost, and then made sure Rob didn't even ask for a pick.

No. I'm saying it's heavily reported Skiles wanted to quit in late January. They had a talk. Skiles expressed dissatisfaction with Payton. Hennigan says "I'm not trading Payton but let's see if i can get some guys you're comfortable with"

Are you new here? He bypassed operations and went straight to devos to lobby for the job. Then it was reported that martins pushed for him.

This was so obvious at the time rob had to field questions at the introductory press conference denying it

Former employee contacts people he knows in the company about current job opening. People send hiring manager, alone, to meet with former employee. Former employee gets job after interview. Clearly they forced him on Rob. I mean, the dots can't be connected any other way.

I believe he even went to ownership to have Henny fired and was stopped. He was not happy with Henny decision to keep Payton as our main PG. He wanted to control team decisions on player personnel.

No. I'm saying it's heavily reported Skiles wanted to quit in late January. They had a talk. Skiles expressed dissatisfaction with Payton. Hennigan says "I'm not trading Payton but let's see if i can get some guys you're comfortable with"

That's fine. I agree all that sounds probable. But labeling it an appeasement move ignores the fact that if we'd gotten a pick, the move would not have been bad at all, considering we dumped Harris' not great contract without taking long term commitments. Essentially, it seems Skiles may have suggested a perfectly reasonable deal which Rob *****ed up by not asking for a pick, and you're somehow throwing shade on Skiles for that.

Surprised lakers were able to get a first for Lou.

Considering that first is from the rockets, a contending team, not really. Lou should add a lot to Houston as a scorer, give them more of a chance to advance in the playoffs.

That's fine. I agree all that sounds probable. But labeling it an appeasement move ignores the fact that if we'd gotten a pick, the move would not have been bad at all, considering we dumped Harris' not great contract without taking long term commitments. Essentially, it seems Skiles may have suggested a perfectly reasonable deal which Rob *****ed up by not asking for a pick, and you're somehow throwing shade on Skiles for that.

who said he didn't asked for a pick? maybe he did and Stan refused. He still did it to please his new coach.