Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Payton is like a poor man's version of prime Rajon Rondo. I don't think the guy is a starting PG on a good team in the NBA. He could be one of the league's best backups though.

I think it's unfair to compare Payton to Rondo, yes there's similarities but Rondo could easily rack up assists throwing the ball to Allen or Pierce. If Payton had the same shooting talent around him and played 40 minutes a night he would have some great stats, particularly assists.

The words you are saying mean nothing

Meh in the Tobias trade, we got fleeced.

Pretty sure SVG thinks Henny is a fool anyway -- he totally outted him to the media saying he was surprised he didn't request a first round pick in the trade for Harris.

It's Henny...Negotiating with SVG...Again...Soo ya know..

I think the protected 2nd rounder we gave up for Meeks turned out ok. Not the best but Rob didn't get screwed.

I think he'd be a solid backup. He can bring tempo and pesky defense. I guess by default he would be one of the better backup PG's in the league as there really aren't many good ones--but his weaknesses as as starter are still there as a backup.

I'd like for Orlando to just wash there hands clean of Payton.

I agree, I prefer to just move him. I think he'd be better elsewhere and he's been the source of too much negativity here (a coach quit over him). I think Henny being overly committed to Payton was one of his biggest mistakes. The fact that we seem to be aggressively going after guys like Goran Dragic and Reggie Jackson shows he's now finally off the Payton train.

I think it's unfair to compare Payton to Rondo, yes there's similarities but Rondo could easily rack up assists throwing the ball to Allen or Pierce. If Payton had the same shooting talent around him and played 40 minutes a night he would have some great stats, particularly assists.

That's a fair point, but regardless he has a similar style without anywhere near the production of Rondo then. We also don't have anyone near as good as Pierce, Allen or Garnett for him to dish assists out to. Ibaka was probably the best player he's played with and we just traded him.

Meeks is pretty much worth nothing -- guy is hurt every year and contributes nothing to the team he's on.

I totally forgot dude was even on the team

No he's not. He's worth something

It's Henny...Negotiating with SVG...Again...Soo ya know..

I agree with you. I don't believe SVG respects the Magic or Henny that much. SVG stole Harris and he traded us a very injury prone SG, who is injured again.

I agree with you. I don't believe SVG respects the Magic or Henny that much. SVG stole Harris and he traded us a very injury prone SG, who is injured again.

I'm sure he's salty with us for how he was fired, but I also can see how he more than anyone else in the league right now knows how clueless the organization is.