Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

I completely agree but Rob, Matt, & Scott are doing this for their lifeline. Their jobs and families depend on us making the playoffs. We're just fans. So what's the no brainer path to us is the opposite for others.

I don't think they're doing anything. They legally can't come out and say "we're really trying to lose games this year to get a pick". If they were trying to make the playoffs you would have seen a desperation move by now.

I don't think they're doing anything. They legally can't come out and say "we're really trying to lose games this year to get a pick". If they were trying to make the playoffs you would have seen a desperation move by now.

This is the weekend where that might happen though.

You look at the standings if you're Rob and you see you're 6 games back, Detroit is struggling, Bucks lost Parker, you've beaten Miami, Charlotte is only 3 games ahead and NY is a mess, and you're facing heavy criticism from all angles and your job might be on the line. You might see if you can make one move, a "calculated" move, to go on a huge run and sneak in.

If you can't get that move before the deadline then you probably do fall on the sword.

He's not going to do that now because if you are Rob,

you know there's a big chance you're demoted to being a scout for the next decade.

hope you're right. we'll know by next week.

If we're tanking, i think Rob gets 1 more year. If we make a move to push for playoffs, he's gone after season.

hope you're right. we'll know by next week.

If we're tanking, i think Rob gets 1 more year. If we make a move to push for playoffs, he's gone after season.

If he's smart, that should be his angle.

This is the weekend where that might happen though.

You look at the standings if you're Rob and you see you're 6 games back, Detroit is struggling, Bucks lost Parker, you've beaten Miami, Charlotte is only 3 games ahead and NY is a mess, and you're facing heavy criticism from all angles and your job might be on the line. You might see if you can make one move, a "calculated" move, to go on a huge run and sneak in.

If you can't get that move before the deadline then you probably do fall on the sword.

He's not going to do that now because if you are Rob,

you know there's a big chance you're demoted to being a scout for the next decade.

I think if you look at that and say "ok we have 41 games left to make up 6 games" you can justify going for it.

we have to make up that gap with only 24 games left though.

Lets say everyone above us wins only 40% of their future games. That would put Detroit at 37-38 wins and Milwaukee at 36 wins. we would have to go 17 and 7 or 18 and 6 to get to the playoffs. and we still play Cleveland twice and golden state.

I think if you look at that and say "ok we have 41 games left to make up 6 games" you can justify going for it.

we have to make up that gap with only 24 games left though.

Lets say everyone above us wins only 40% of their future games. That would put Detroit at 37-38 wins and Milwaukee at 36 wins. we would have to go 17 and 7 or 18 and 6 to get to the playoffs. and we still play Cleveland twice and golden state.

I know. It's a tough task and I'm all for the draft pick. 17-7 isn't out if the realm of possibility. Unlikely yup but with the team feeling unified with the subtraction of Ibaka, addition of Ross, and whatever move Henny may make, might make that plausible. Cleveland might pull a SA and start resting guys. Same as GS. A ship is what they're playing for.

Plus I think you have to get into that top 3, which again, I personally rather do. We need a franchise player and that's where you'll get it but you also got to weigh how much suck is in LA and Dallas and will they push you out of those odds. We were burned in the Wiggins draft. He might be like F that. I'm not putting all my eggs in that basket again.

Looking at it from Rob's seat, I can see the thought process IF getting into the playoffs is still the goal. That seat is uncomfortably warm right now too. Maybe not from management but everywhere else.

If we do not tank and get a top 3 pick this year... then that is just insane.

Apparently the draft is 1 of the strongest in recent memory?

If we do not tank and get a top 3 pick this year... then that is just insane.

Apparently the draft is 1 of the strongest in recent memory?

I'm with you. Just looking at it from Rob's perspective.

We sucked hard for the Wiggins draft. Had one of the worse records in the NBA. Cleveland won it and we picked 5th. I'd take the 5th pick this draft btw but the ping pong balls can also give us 6,7,8, etc.

Just a different perspective.

I want a high draft pick.

• Upvote 1

I'm with you. Just looking at it from Rob's perspective.

We sucked hard for the Wiggins draft. Had one of the worse records in the NBA. Cleveland won it and we picked 5th. I'd take the 5th pick this draft btw but the ping pong balls can also give us 6,7,8, etc.

Just a different perspective.

I want a high draft pick.

if we remain in the status quo we cant pick worse than 6th.

This team is not good enough to rip off a winning streak, whether Rob wants them to be or not--so I'm really not worried about it.

No not now. I'm just saying if he makes a win now move before the deadline. Like last year when we had that great month. We started off hot. With Ibaka gone, team seems to be happy about that, and a move that renergizes the team even more, we can come out of the break playing our best basketball of the year.

Not saying I'm for this or will happen mind you. Just Rob's possible perspective.