Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Apparently Chris Mannix said we, along with Sacramento, want Marcus Smart.

id understand this more if we didn't just trade for ross.

Smart would fix a lot of problems. energy, attitude, leadership, lack of defense against 1s and 2s.

Smart would cause a lot of problems. Career 42% two point shooter. Career 30% three point shooter.

Smart makes the most sense as a player on a consistent, high efficiency team where you can mitigate his negatives and just harness his physicality.

If our ultimate plan is taking smart, Gordon, ross, and biyombo and surrounding them with high efficiency offensive players in the offseason. Try to run something like "good free agent point guard"-Ross-Jackson/Isaac-Gordon-biyombo with smart as the super sub. Ok, I can get that.

If the plan is "lets add smart to this group in order to start our playoff run" I don't really know what they're thinking anymore.

Apparently Chris Mannix said we, along with Sacramento, want Marcus Smart.

Where did he say this? I'd like to read or hear it.

I love Smart and his energy/heart/hustle. If true, I would do Vuc for Smart & Olynk as bones of a deal.

id understand this more if we didn't just trade for ross.

Smart would fix a lot of problems. energy, attitude, leadership, lack of defense against 1s and 2s.

Smart would cause a lot of problems. Career 42% two point shooter. Career 30% three point shooter.

Smart makes the most sense as a player on a consistent, high efficiency team where you can mitigate his negatives and just harness his physicality.

If our ultimate plan is taking smart, Gordon, ross, and biyombo and surrounding them with high efficiency offensive players in the offseason. Try to run something like "good free agent point guard"-Ross-Jackson/Isaac-Gordon-biyombo with smart as the super sub. Ok, I can get that.

If the plan is "lets add smart to this group in order to start our playoff run" I don't really know what they're thinking anymore.

Well first and foremost I believe his attitude and his approach to the game. He's prepared to play hard every night and not pick and choose when he wants to do so. There's no switch you have to flip on to get him to bring 100%.

To his numbers, over the last 5 he's averaging 15.6 shooting 52% from the field, 29.6% from 3, and 77.8% from ft a game. Here's where Vogel is like oh yes please, he's averaging 4.4 boards, 4 assists (3 TO's which is not ideal) but also 3.8 steals a game with a net rating of +4. I haven't checked his defensive rating mind you.

Expand to 10 games, 13.2 points, 44% from the field, 34% from 3, 74% ft, 4.2 boards, 4.8 assists with a better 2.7 TO's, and 2.6 steals with a +5.8.

20 games, 12 a game, 39.9% field, 34.1% 3, 81% ft's, 4.1 boards, 5 assists, 2.5 to's, 2.5 steals with +5.7.

Here's the thing, From 20-24ft he's at 38.9%. He's better at the left corner three, 46% than above the break 3, 28% where he attempts the most. Left corner is the 2nd place of most attempts. He's 50% in the restricted which is where he gets the most attempts obviously. The right corner 3 is strong too at 41%. He improves that above the break percentage by 5, he's a guy you don't want to leave open.

10-14 he's shooting 37 % and 5-9 40%.

Add all that up, he's probably shooting the shots you want your guard to shoot. He struggles with 15-19 ft, 26.7%, which you know is the most inefficient shot in the game. He hits the corners well, has improved a lot there actually, creates fast breaks with steals and rebounds and gets to the hole and makes a good percentage of his free throws which is a good indicator his shot will continue to improve. Plus he's 22.

I'd trade for him in a heartbeat because his heart would cause a domino affect. He hates losing. Absolutely hates it. Reading things about him over they last 10-15, IT has been balling but Smart's heart, play, and attitude has been big for Boston. I doubt at this point he trades him but if we can get him, I would jump on it. If we can get Zizic too great that's probably a stretch.

Ainge's asking price for Smart would be more than just Vuch so I'll pass. He's gonna want Vuch and a first and who knows what else.

I'd like to have smart because he plays the game the way the game should be played--but I'm not giving up much more than Vuch for him.

Ainge's asking price for Smart would be more than just Vuch so I'll pass. He's gonna want Vuch and a first and who knows what else.

I'd like to have smart because he plays the game the way the game should be played--but I'm not giving up much more than Vuch for him.

I'd consider the pick we got from Toronto. Plus they'd have to include someone because of contract reasons.

I know we need a star but I'm pretty much done with Payton. I would love Smart to infuse defense and heart every game to this lifeless bunch.

Well first and foremost I believe his attitude and his approach to the game. He's prepared to play hard every night and not pick and choose when he wants to do so. There's no switch you have to flip on to get him to bring 100%.

To his numbers, over the last 5 he's averaging 15.6 shooting 52% from the field, 29.6% from 3, and 77.8% from ft a game. Here's where Vogel is like oh yes please, he's averaging 4.4 boards, 4 assists (3 TO's which is not ideal) but also 3.8 steals a game with a net rating of +4. I haven't checked his defensive rating mind you.

Expand to 10 games, 13.2 points, 44% from the field, 34% from 3, 74% ft, 4.2 boards, 4.8 assists with a better 2.7 TO's, and 2.6 steals with a +5.8.

20 games, 12 a game, 39.9% field, 34.1% 3, 81% ft's, 4.1 boards, 5 assists, 2.5 to's, 2.5 steals with +5.7.

Here's the thing, From 29-24ft he's at 38.9%. He's better at the left corner three, 46% than above the break 3, 28% where he attempts the most. Left corner is the 2nd place of most attempts. He's 50% in the restricted which is where he gets the most attempts obviously. The right corner 3 is strong too at 41%.

10-14 he's shooting 37 % and 5-9 40%.

Add all that up, he's probably shooting the shots you want your guard to shoot. He struggles with 15-19 ft, 26.7%, which you know is the most inefficient shot in the game. He hits the corners well, has improved a lot there actually, creates fast breaks with steals and rebounds and gets to the hole and makes a good percentage of his free throws which is a good indicator his shot will continue to improve. Plus he's 22.

I'd trade for him in a heartbeat because his heart would cause a domino affect. He hates losing. Absolutely hates it. Reading things about him over they last 10-15, IT has been balling but Smart's heart, play, and atttidue has been big for Boston. I doubt at this point he trades him but if we can get him, I would jump in it. If we can get Zizic too fine.

I contest your 10 game sample with my 53 game sample where he's averaging 10.5 ppg on 38/31/77 shooting

or

a 21 game sample as a starter this year where he's averaging 12.4 ppg on 41/30/79 shooting

or

the 6 games in the playoffs last year where he averaged 12 ppg on 37/34/81 shooting.

If you want smart, fine. but don't act like he's going to be anything more than a 38/31/80 shooter.

I contest your 10 game sample with my 53 game sample where he's averaging 10.5 ppg on 38/31/77 shooting

or

a 21 game sample as a starter this year where he's averaging 12.4 ppg on 41/30/79 shooting

or

the 6 games in the playoffs last year where he averaged 12 ppg on 37/34/81 shooting.

If you want smart, fine. but don't act like he's going to be anything more than a 38/31/80 shooter.

Last time I checked you're not the last say in what a player becomes.

You also ignored everything else and just focused on simple percentages. You've also ignored rebounds and steals.

I'm not expecting him to be Mark Price but to say 45/35/80 is totally out of the realm of possibility is ridiculous.

I mean he's 37.7/31.1/77 now at 22. Last year he was 34/25/77 sooo...

Are we that desperate that we are settling on Marcus freakin Smart?!?! He plays hard but he's a bum! He's an offensive nightmare. Vuch is a better player IMO and I'm not a fan of Vuch in the least bit.

I rather have Jackson than Smart and I don't want him either.

• Upvote 1

Last time I checked you're not the last say in what a player becomes.

You also ignored everything else and just focused on simple percentages. You've also ignored rebounds and steals.

I'm not expecting him to be Mark Price but to say 45/35/80 is totally out of the realm of possibility is ridiculous.

I mean he's 37.7/31.1/77 now at 22. Last year he was 34/25/77 sooo...

why stop at 45/35/80? why not just predict he's going to be a 50/45/90 player? they're equally likely to happen.

Are we that desperate that we are settling on Marcus freakin Smart?!?! He plays hard but he's a bum! He's an offensive nightmare. Vuch is a better player IMO and I'm not a fan of Vuch in the least bit.

I rather have Jackson than Smart and I don't want him either.

Hes actually pretty good around the rim and from 20-24 feet in the corners.

Guess you don't do numbers.

why stop at 45/35/80? why not just predict he's going to be a 50/45/90 player? they're equally likely to happen.

Sigh. I mean you're either in complete left field or completely out in the right. Your usually more subjective then this.

Having a day? Need a hug?