Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

We're really dumb the way we use biyombo. We establish an offense that fits Vucevic then run the same actions when biyombo is in the game. It's stupid to give biyombo the ball at the top of the key. It's a wasted movement.

We need a pick and roll point guard whether that's as a starter or a backup. Stick biyombo with that guard. Spam pick and rolls all day. Switch it up. Stick biyombo weak side at the rim. Run Fournier curls with an option to drive to the basket if the defender goes over the screen. If the big helps, dump to biyombo for the dunk. That's it. That's the biyombo offensive package with variants of what i described above.

We use him as badly as we did with frye.

To your point if we draft a PG that can shoot, Biyombo would really help running those kinds of plays. He'd help himself and the development of others

It'd be stupid for Toronto to not trade for ibaka

It would be stupid for a lot of teams not to trade for Ibaka, if we are honest.

I was watching the first bit of the Boston/Portland game last night and was struck by how much Ibaka would help both of those teams as well.

Ibaka is honestly a very nice complementary player that would be an upgrade on most teams fighting for a playoff spot or jockeying for a better one.

The way I see it, almost every team vying for a playoff spot in the east, minus Cleveland and Atlanta, could use Ibaka.

In the west, there are another couple of teams in Utah, Memphis, OKC (lol), Denver, Portland, and Sacramento who could use his services.

That is like 13 teams that could potentially be interested in Ibaka.

I was watching the first bit of the Boston/Portland game last night and was struck by how much Ibaka would help both of those teams as well.

Ibaka is honestly a very nice complementary player that would be an upgrade on most teams fighting for a playoff spot or jockeying for a better one.

The way I see it, almost every team vying for a playoff spot in the east, minus Cleveland and Atlanta, could use Ibaka.

In the west, there are another couple of teams in Utah, Memphis, OKC (lol), Denver, Portland, and Sacramento who could use his services.

Yeah and I'm not really into the idea of acquiring Ross.

yeah but I mean like Toronto can trade for Ibaka with guys who are barely in the rotation. They could do Powell, sullinger and poeltl for Ibaka and not miss a beat.

yeah but I mean like Toronto can trade for Ibaka with guys who are barely in the rotation. They could do Powell, sullinger and poeltl for Ibaka and not miss a beat.

I agree with you, but there are still other possibilities out there. And teams like Boston also has a good number of pieces they could part with without missing much.

The only thing screwing us out of getting a nice haul for Ibaka is that he's an expiring. Maybe we're trying to find a team that he'd agree to re-sign with long-term so they'd be willing to give up a nice return for him.

I agree with you, but there are still other possibilities out there. And teams like Boston also has a good number of pieces they could part with without missing much.

I think Boston wants Vucevic more than Ibaka

I think Boston wants Vucevic more than Ibaka

Give them both and take whatever contracts they want-as long as we get the nets pick i dont care. I'd even throw AG in the trade to make it work, wherever the nets pick is would get us a higher upside player than him.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h85swp4

Plus Nets pick. Talk about desperate lol

Fultz and Isaac. Or trade down Fultz and Markannen.

This is the deal I want and suggested before. The Celtics could go all in for Jimmy Butler or something, but I think they should move the Brooklyn pick. They already have Isaiah Thomas and I'm not sure they want to wait for Fultz to develop.