Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Noel has had a solid year efficiency wise. The protections on that pick are a joke.

The market seems to be very, very dry. If this is the best offer for Noel. What can we expect for i. e. Vuc?

Noel has had a solid year efficiency wise. The protections on that pick are a joke.

he's got an attitude problem on an expiring contract and Brooklyn waiting to throw big money at anyone they can.

if you could tell me today that Dallas resigns him for 3/45. yeah, sure ok. great move. you tell me you're facing a choice between giving up a 2018 pick for nothing or matching a 4 year 110 million contract offer suddenly that trade is terrible.

The market seems to be very, very dry. If this is the best offer for Noel. What can we expect for i. e. Vuc?

better. the value for vucevic is his long term low cost contract. would you rather have 2.5 years of vucevic at 12 million per? or potentially 100 million for noel?

That he won't be moved today. No way we get an offer anywhere close to good enough to move him now. He's value will still be high after the season, and could possibly even go up now that he's not going to be splitting post touches with Ibaka.

We need to hope for him to close the season out strong and see what the market looks like pre-draft.

Trade candidates Terrence Jones and Omer Asik (illness) were both missing from Pelicans shootaround on Thursday prior to tonight's game against the Rockets.

Jones is technically dealing with a thumb injury but this is more likely a trade holdout, as he's one of the players everyone expects to be moved today. Asik is listed as doubtful tonight due to his illness, but it would not be at all surprising to see both players traded in the next few hours.

Its the fact that he is expiring that will be a problem for them. He is a solid defensive player that may or may not have plateued as an offensive weapon. Yes they could have got more if this was last year, but it is going to be hard to keep him with some teams just waiting to throw money at him.