Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Knight sucks. He's not a point guard. When you break down his scoring (even last year) he's basically below average in every category.

Sucks? Sure thing. He's not great but saying he sucks is stupid.

Haven't watched him play before so what makes you think this?

There's not a huge gap between them but there is one.

RJ has better advanced numbers. His win shares, offensive and defensive win shares are all higher. Last year his assist percentage was 12% higher.

knight is healthier and on a smaller contract so you'd have to weigh the negatives and positives with that to the advanced numbers.

Performance wise it's Holiday, RJ, and Knight.

If I had to pick from those 3, Holiday hands down. I wish there were better options though. Two are injury prone and the other hasn't lived up to his potential. I wouldn't trade for Knight.

Sucks? Sure thing. He's not great but saying he sucks is stupid.

No its not. He's -324 on the season. For comparison, Jeff green is -221.

And to quote zach lowe "brandon knight is not a point guard, he can't play point guard".

So what is he? He's an undersized shooting guard who is average- below average at isolation and spot up shooting. He can't run a pick and roll and he can't play defense and he's bad at getting others involved.

Why would we want an undersized shooting guard who can't defend and has no exceptional talents?

And to quote zach lowe "brandon knight is not a point guard, he can't play point guard".

So what is he? He's an undersized shooting guard who is average- below average at isolation and spot up shooting. He can't run a pick and roll and he can't play defense and he's bad at getting others involved.

Why would we want an undersized shooting guard who can't defend and has no exceptional talents?

Agreed. He's worthless to us right now

Cause he's still better than Payton. Payton couldn't average 20 a game in the D.

I'm good agreeing to disagree on Knight.

Cause he's still better than Payton. Payton couldn't average 20 a game in the D.

I'm good agreeing to disagree on Knight.

He's not better than Payton. I don't even like Payton and Payton is significantly better than knight. Knight is the Jeff green of combo guards

This isn't an agree to disagree situation when there's no basis for your argument.

And if you'd like to dispute my claims, please provide evidence of one thing that knight does well.