Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Gotta hand it to Rob - leaking that Sacramento wanted Vuc and Evan for Boogie but he said no is a valiant effort to boost Vuc's trade value. It's just a shame it's so laughable no one would believe it.

You know, that's the most plausible scenario.

If we had to include a pick for Reggie (not that I would) if send Tor pick and ask for Ellenson. There's our backup stretch 4.

If we had to include a pick for Reggie (not that I would) if send Tor pick and ask for Ellenson. There's our backup stretch 4.

Agree. I'll send the first if we get Ellenson back.

Say we trade DJ and Green for Jackson, which I'm not opposed to, what happens when we have Fultz/Ball on the board and an onerous contract/starting caliber Jackson and starting caliber Payton? Run with three pg's I suppose, but we will be otherwise thin across the board. We would HAVE to get a better Mario and AG next year in order to have any shot at the playoffs.

Say we trade DJ and Green for Jackson, which I'm not opposed to, what happens when we have Fultz/Ball on the board and an onerous contract/starting caliber Jackson and starting caliber Payton? Run with three pg's I suppose, but we will be otherwise thin across the board. We would HAVE to get a better Mario and AG next year in order to have any shot at the playoffs.

That move to me changes nothing in the draft. You still draft BPA. An asset is an asset. You can never have to many.

That move to me changes nothing in the draft. You still draft BPA. An asset is an asset. You can never have to many.

Yup. And point guards take a bit to learn the nba. You draft bpa and roll with it.

And you trade Payton this offseason post draft.

You still believe Payton is a starting caliber PG? He's been benched twice this year, first for Augustin and now for Watson. He's also had a previous but proven coach reportedly quit over him. As to your question, I'd draft BPA, as I think Jackson would be a very solid 6th man.

Edit: I also think any thought of the playoffs in the next couple of years is crazy, regardless of what ownership wants.

Draft PG and let them figure out who the starter is

Draft PG and let them figure out who the starter is

It's really a non issue. If you get Fultz and he ends up nasty from day 1--then you can let Jackson backup or play more minutes at the 2 (which actually works for him) and you have the best PG rotation in the league.

Plenty of teams are starved for an upgrade at point--that's an easy trade to make too.

If we truly can get Jackson for as little as green and DJ--it's probably about as no brainer of a trade as the Ibaka trade was for Toronto.

It's really a non issue. If you get Fultz and he ends up nasty from day 1--then you can let Jackson backup or play more minutes at the 2 (which actually works for him) and you have the best PG rotation in the league.

Plenty of teams are starved for an upgrade at point--that's an easy trade to make too.

If we truly can get Jackson for as little as green and DJ--it's probably about as no brainer of a trade as the Ibaka trade was for Toronto.

Very very true