Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

It's weird. The Dwight trade was good. The Fournier trade was good. Ibaka was good in a sense you got the best player just not at the right stage. The Detroit deal was horrible because we got no project or draft pick.

Right, he's decent at identifying potential talent, which he did with the Vuc/Fournier deals. But he's a horrible negotiator and will never be able to get the better of another GM when it comes to established talent/picks.

Rob isnt ever going to hit a homerun on a trade--we know this.

This deal isn't anything close to a homerun--but it could have been worse.

Ross is a good talent on a solid contract. He fits great here. The 20's pick has value this year.

Let's hope he doesn't have to hit a homerun for some time. If AG plays better, up to his potential at the 4, and Mario progresses and we get a good player in the draft, we won't need a homerun trade but never say never. Every dog has its day.

We didn't get 85% of Ibaka's value. We got much, much less.

Depends how you see it. He can very well leave during free agency and leave Toronto with nothing.

We have to see what we do with the first pick in a very good year draft.

Also you are undervaluing Ross too much. He can be very good to us and plays very good defense.

He is also 26. Younger than Ibaka.

We had no choice. It appeared as Ibaka told Henny that he will not be resigning here.

I'm not in a rush to trade him. I just think we'll be faster and better defensively with Biz. I also wonder what it does to our draft chances by keeping him vs trading him.

Good thing is by keeping him defense can't collapse in the paint.

I'm sure we'll play it by ear and by the deadline make an decision.

But offensively we are dead with him. Besides some put-back-dunks and some pick-and-rolls, he can do nothing noticeable.

Right, he's decent at identifying potential talent, which he did with the Vuc/Fournier deals. But he's a horrible negotiator and will never be able to get the better of another GM when it comes to established talent/picks.

But how do you come to the conclusion he'll never be? He is young and a smart dude. Probably just needs to gain some experience and respect amongst the experienced and the respected.

But offensively we are dead with him. Besides some put-back-dunks and some pick-and-rolls, he can do nothing noticeable.

Which is why I'm on the fence and now with Ross, the offense looks a lot better with Vuch.

Let's hope he doesn't have to hit a homerun for some time. If AG plays better, up to his potential at the 4, and Mario progresses and we get a good player in the draft, we won't need a homerun trade but never say never. Every dog has its day.

Player progression is key.

I like Fournier/Ross/AG with Mario as a 6th man.

The issue is for that core to become anything serious--AG has to take that step so many have talked about since we drafted him. Mario as well. Those 2 have to live up to their hype. If they do--we are on to something. If not, we got nothing.

Once again, the other key is to get one of these 3 PG's in the draft. We have to get 1.

But how do you come to the conclusion he'll never be? He is young and a smart dude. Probably just needs to gain some experience and respect amongst the experienced and the respected.

Yeah, Henny is like Mario... give him some time...

If we draft one of the top PGs, he could work as our starting C. We won't necessarily need him to provide much scoring when we have a scoring threat at PG who can run the P&R with him. Adding another shooter in Ross and hopefully continued development from Mario and I think we'd have enough offense to mitigate Biz's inability to score.

Smith/Payton

Fournier/Mario

Ross/Mario

AG/someone from the Vuc trade/FA vet

Biz/Zim

I'm just glad we have a legit shooter now. Between Ross and Mario getting quality minutes it should really open up the court for EP to operate more. Ross should be good to go tomorrow night, right?

If we draft one of the top PGs, he could work as our starting C. We won't necessarily need him to provide much scoring when we have a scoring threat at PG who can run the P&R with him. Adding another shooter in Ross and hopefully continued development from Mario and I think we'd have enough offense to mitigate Biz's inability to score.

Smith/Payton

Fournier/Mario

Ross/Mario

AG/someone from the Vuc trade/FA vet

Biz/Zim

Yeah. I think that lineup works better than Payton- Fournier- ross- Gordon- biyombo

We might ultimately trade Vucevic but with him under contract we don't need to rush into it unless we get some fantastic deal

The biggest problem I have with the sports media

Orlando trades for Ibaka

"How could they trade for Ibaka? he's declining and isn't the player he once was. OKC got a steal!"

Orlando trades Ibaka

"How could they trade Ibaka? He can shoot threes and play defense and makes a great big 3 with Lowry and Derozan. Toronto got a steal!"

I'm not going to pretend Oladipo + the 11th pick turning into Ross + the 25th pick in 2017 is some crazy beneficial move for this franchise but we basically spent $100 on a stock, the economy crashed, then sold that stock at $85 when if we waited a week it would have been worth $45 or $0

+1