Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Sources say that Toronto and Miami are among the Eastern Conference teams that have expressed interest in Ibaka this month. More than one rival club has expressed the belief that Orlando will use the next 10 days before the deadline to keep fielding offers and then, ultimately, choose the best available package for Ibaka on Feb. 23 and make the move.

Can the Magic get a first-round pick back for Ibaka from a team seeking a playoff-tested vet to add to its frontcourt rotation? Or a quality player under 25 a la Oladipo?

Like we said: Stay tuned.

Per Marc Stein

Yes. If the market for plumlee is an interesting young center and a late first ibaka should bring a first and a prospect or two firsts or two prospects.

This would be the case if we had a GM that was capable of winning a trade.

Maybe.

I'm hoping for powell, sullinger, and poeltl

Would love Powell and Poeltl. We just need to acquire as many young assets as possible and see what sticks.

Would love Powell and Poeltl. We just need to acquire as many young assets as possible and see what sticks.

And i don't know why Toronto wouldn't do it. They'd keep the same rotation except ibaka starting

And i don't know why Toronto wouldn't do it. They'd keep the same rotation except ibaka starting

I think it's a no brainer for them. Their starting lineup with Ibaka will challenge the cavs. Still think cavs win but that series could be close.

If Toronto's goal is to win the east they aren't gonna get a better deal.

After tonight's loss I think Ibaka indeed ends up in TOR, like some are speculating. I would rather have future first rounders than the players being thrown around here though. I still hope that BOS told Rob to call them back before he agrees to any other deal, leaving the Nets pick in play though. I would seriously throw whatever we have (not all of it) on the table to get that pick if possible. Two top 5 picks in this draft plus the ability to add FA's puts us in a better position to win down the road than anything we've had in years.