Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

I have to agreee somehow but Payton has more value than most of our other role players( Augustine, CJ,Biz) just to name a few.

I think we might have to make EVERYONE available in order to get something of value back. (Picks, young players, end of contract year players, etc..The only guy a like to keep is Gordon and maybe Mario. I see us keeping Biz tho. Not many teams will take on his contract.

I see us keeping Mario, Gordon and Biz.

Bingo.

the other option is to de-emphasize winning, clear a few contracts, develop our young guys, and try free agency again.

Think you need to focus on the draft. You try free agency when you have a young Shaq, Lebron, or Durant. Not when you have what we have and what we're lacking.

Think you need to focus on the draft. You try free agency when you have a young Shaq, Lebron, or Durant. Not when you have what we have and what we're lacking.

I believe we are currently 10th worst in the NBA. Trading away guys like Green Fournier Meeks and Vuch and allowing Mario to play a large roll along with a small role for Zimmerman and Wilcox would be bad enough for top half of the lottery.

We then land a good enough pick and have enough room for a FA.

if I'm building this team I'm looking for a way to get a Gordon-Ibaka- biyombo lineup with the ability to slide Gordon to the 4 and Ibaka to the 5 as needed. you then get a giant center to run third string to bother the random great centers that biyombo cant defend.

you're then looking for another combo forward that you can slide next to Gordon who can defend 3s when you need Gordon to defend 4s and 4s when you need Gordon to defend 3s.

then you need a two way shooting guard. nothing fancy. just a guy who can get you 8 points off the bench and play good defense or start and get you 12 ppg and defend

then you need legitimate talent at point guard.

yeah. I'm just trying to explore all options.

If we get a pick back from each than fine. Don't rate any of the young guys included that highly, so this would basically be a pure tank move.

why would we get picks back? this would be a fix the roster move.

why would we get picks back? this would be a fix the roster move.

How does this "fix the roster"? It looks like a "take on other team's dreck/unproven youngsters who have generally been disappointments for two ok pieces that don't quite work for us". I don't want to sound like I think there is a huge trade market for Vucevic and Fournier, but they would still be the two best players going out and should help both teams they are going to. In such situations, I do not think it unreasonable to expect a pick or two to come with it. Even a second round pick would have some value.

Do you think this trade would somehow make us better? Because I do not see it. At best it may be a wash. Nor do I have much expectation for Vonleh or WCS, the two younger players. (Maybe Cauley-Stein is better/ has more potential than I am giving him credit for. Vonleh feels a bit lost-cause-ish though)

So, if we are trading away two average players for a selection of less than average players where we will

1. Not likely be better

2. Not really unload long-term contracts for short term contracts

3. Not receive youth in return that has potential (I.E. a Tobias type player)

4. Not receive any draft picks

Why do it? I feel like I am missing something here.

if I'm building this team I'm looking for a way to get a Gordon-Ibaka- biyombo lineup with the ability to slide Gordon to the 4 and Ibaka to the 5 as needed. you then get a giant center to run third string to bother the random great centers that biyombo cant defend.

you're then looking for another combo forward that you can slide next to Gordon who can defend 3s when you need Gordon to defend 4s and 4s when you need Gordon to defend 3s.

then you need a two way shooting guard. nothing fancy. just a guy who can get you 8 points off the bench and play good defense or start and get you 12 ppg and defend

then you need legitimate talent at point guard.

Agree... And JJ would be a great stop gap signing this summer for the SG slot.

How does this "fix the roster"? It looks like a "take on other team's dreck/unproven youngsters who have generally been disappointments for two ok pieces that don't quite work for us". I don't want to sound like I think there is a huge trade market for Vucevic and Fournier, but they would still be the two best players going out and should help both teams they are going to. In such situations, I do not think it unreasonable to expect a pick or two to come with it. Even a second round pick would have some value.

Do you think this trade would somehow make us better? Because I do not see it. At best it may be a wash. Nor do I have much expectation for Vonleh or WCS, the two younger players. (Maybe Cauley-Stein is better/ has more potential than I am giving him credit for. Vonleh feels a bit lost-cause-ish though)

So, if we are trading away two average players for a selection of less than average players where we will

1. Not likely be better

2. Not really unload long-term contracts for short term contracts

3. Not receive youth in return that has potential (I.E. a Tobias type player)

4. Not receive any draft picks

Why do it? I feel like I am missing something here.

it'd solidify the defense. It'd clear salary going forward. WCS is ok. Vonleh is just included for salary purposes. We miss two way players. we're getting two way players. It's a way to see what the team would look like removing our two worst defenders without removing future flexibility.

I came up with a deal that would work for Allen Crabbe too. he's a better defender than fourneir but doesn't have the offensive production that would lead to me being comfortable with his contract.

It's a shame that Rob is probably in a playoffs or get the sack position. If he had job security going forward (not trying to get into a discussion of whether that would be good or bad, but just saying) then I feel he could make better moves for the franchise going forward. From his personal standpoint, why would he want to trade say Ibaka for a top 10 pick in the next draft, and clear out Vuch and another piece for a young player or pick when clearly those moves will make us one of the worst teams in the league short-term and probably mean he gets the sack.