Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Good thing is it dropped his value. No one is guttIng their team for him.

That situation in Sac town is a mess. They never should have brought in Barnes.

In the right environment, I think Cousins would thrive.

I definitely agree with that. I imagine something packaging with Vuc, Gordon, Green and we take back a bad contract. I'd still do it in a heartbeat.

I definitely agree with that. I imagine something packaging with Vuc, Gordon, Green and we take back a bad contract. I'd still do it in a heartbeat.

I'm 99% sure they'd want Mario.

Good thing is it dropped his value. No one is guttIng their team for him.

That situation in Sac town is a mess. They never should have brought in Barnes.

In the right environment, I think Cousins would thrive.

What makes us the right environment? We have a young, impressionable locker room with no real vocal leader to keep a guy like Cousins in check. So, no thanks to Cousins, he has Dwightmare 2.0 written all over him.

What makes us the right environment? We have a young, impressionable locker room with no real vocal leader to keep a guy like Cousins in check. So, no thanks to Cousins, he has Dwightmare 2.0 written all over him.

I didn't say we were.

I do think we have influential people in management and coaching staff but I agree we don't have that guy on our team.

With John Wall's comment about his teammates, is this the type of opportunity for Pat Riley to capitalize on? -- V.S.

A: Those familiar with this space appreciate that I rarely venture into trade speculation, because there are too many unknowns, including what it actually takes to make a deal (your question offered up the possibility of Goran Dragic and Justise Winslow for Wall and Otto Porter, but I'm not sure the Wizards wouldn't value Porter more than Winslow). Yet the one thing I will acknowledge is that there do appear to be chemistry issues with the Wizards, something a coaching change seemingly hasn't solved. And the one thing about Riley is that distressed property does seem to be his real estate, be it Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway, Shaquille O'Neal or even Dragic, himself. Most, if not all, NBA talent scouts, would have Wall, based on ability and potential, rated significantly ahead of Dragic, and it's not as if the Heat are in any position to throw in draft picks to sweeten such a deal, with a pair of first-rounders still owed for Dragic. But the Wall possibilities do appear to grow more interesting by the day, particularly at moments of venting. The Heat's next home game is against the Wizards, on Monday night, so perhaps we'll see if there is a welcome wagon in place.

http://www.sun-senti...0916-story.html

http://www.espn.com/...tradeId=h27qt3j

and throw in the Lakers pick

I didn't say we were.

I do think we have influential people in management and coaching staff but I agree we don't have that guy on our team.

I do agree with you that if Cousins could wind up in a situation where he wasn't the Alpha and had teammates, coaches and management that didn't tolerate his BS he'd be scary good

My trade wishlist in order would be

1. Paul George

2. John Wall

Indy isn't trading George though and even though it looks like Washington and Wall could be splitting up, I just can't see them trading him inside the division.

I do agree with you that if Cousins could wind up in a situation where he wasn't the Alpha and had teammates, coaches and management that didn't tolerate his BS he'd be scary good

With Cousins it isn't so much about toleration. It's about environment. Positivity, and influential people. Yeah having a vet on the team that's been around the block twice helps a lot but the environment in Sactown is such a huge problem it flows down to everyone else like a river dumping into a giant ocean of **** filled water growing with bacteria.

My trade wishlist in order would be

1. Paul George

2. John Wall

Indy isn't trading George though and even though it looks like Washington and Wall could be splitting up, I just can't see them trading him inside the division.

What makes you think there's a split up happening?

What makes you think there's a split up happening?

Struggling team, some chemistry rumors are starting... I don't think they'll trade him, but after Cousins, I think he'd be the next biggest name that may be available... Washington's been stuck in NBA purgatory for a few years now, not good enough to challenge, too good to get a decent draft pick... they may be best just blowing it up

Struggling team, some chemistry rumors are starting... I don't think they'll trade him, but after Cousins, I think he'd be the next biggest name that may be available... Washington's been stuck in NBA purgatory for a few years now, not good enough to challenge, too good to get a decent draft pick... they may be best just blowing it up

Well, if there's an GM who's dumb enough to trade a player within the same division, it would be Ernie.