Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

ZACH

LAVINE

ISNT

GOOD

How come magic fans can look at our own players and say "Hmm... maybe Fournier or Vucevic (in the past) aren't all that great because they put up some stats but we aren't better when they play, perhaps they're 'good stats, bad team' guys". But they can't apply that to other teams?

Why do we have to re-learn the Monta Ellis lesson repeatedly forever?

This isn't just me. Bill Simmons and Kevin O' Connor just discussed in the last podcast how Minnesota should dump Lavine now at the peak of his value to some stupid team a la MCW.

I would trade Payton for Lavine. I would not trade Ibaka or Gordon for him.

I do believe we need to go another direction and I don't think Lavine is that.

Yeah don't need a young player with with high upside who has a cockiness about him that is not allowed in Orlando.

Minnesota plays its best basketball when Lavine isn't playing.

The magic play better when Fournier isn't playing.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&hint=Zach+LaVine&player_id1_select=Zach+LaVine&y1=2017&player_id1=lavinza01&hint=Evan+Fournier&player_id2_select=Evan+Fournier&y2=2017&player_id2=fournev01

is the difference appreciable? If we have Fournier that can do these things and maybe Lavine is slightly better than Fournier why would we give up assets for slight improvement?

Yeah don't need a young player with with high upside who has a cockiness about him that is not allowed in Orlando.

We got two of those.

I'm not closed off to Lavine but what do you give up to get him?

Minnesota plays its best basketball when Lavine isn't playing.

The magic play better when Fournier isn't playing.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&hint=Zach+LaVine&player_id1_select=Zach+LaVine&y1=2017&player_id1=lavinza01&hint=Evan+Fournier&player_id2_select=Evan+Fournier&y2=2017&player_id2=fournev01

is the difference appreciable? If we have Fournier that can do these things and maybe Lavine is slightly better than Fournier why would we give up assets for slight improvement?

Right so your hoping he comes in and makes the team better not make the box score look impressive.

Right so your hoping he comes in and makes the team better not make the box score look impressive.

We have two directions we need to move.

1. double down on contending

2. blow things up.

Lavine does neither.

I miss oladipo.

2. blow things up.

Lavine does neither.

I miss oladipo.

Would we be that much different minus Ibaka plus Oladipo? Visually they seem to provide equal value just differently.

2. blow things up.

Lavine does neither.

I miss oladipo.

What a place to be in too. No real alternatives to that unless there's someone sitting there we fans have overlooked with some crazy advanced stat the we bring in that just propels us into option 1 and option 2 that probably won't go successfully because of the positioning we'll be in.

Sigh.

Oh and don't talk to me about Dipo!

I knew we would...sniff sniff...

I really wish we could have seen what Vogel could have done with our lineup without the Vic trade, everything else being the same, at least for half a season. After seeing what he's done to improve Vuc in particular on the defensive end, it really would have been interesting.

• Upvote 1

What a place to be in too. No real alternatives to that unless there's someone sitting there we fans have overlooked with some crazy advanced stat the we bring in that just propels us into option 1 and option 2 that probably won't go successfully because of the positioning we'll be in.

Sigh.

Oh and don't talk to me about Dipo!

I knew we would...sniff sniff...

While Ibaka has been fine, I think we would be a better team if we undid that trade.

Would we be that much different minus Ibaka plus Oladipo? Visually they seem to provide equal value just differently.

In a vacuum the trade was fine and ibaka is good.

When looking at how the trade marginalized Gordon and how two way players are hard to find and how we're all looking to get value for ibaka already its depressing

• Upvote 1

In a vacuum the trade was fine and ibaka is good.

When looking at how the trade marginalized Gordon and how two way players are hard to find and how we're all looking to get value for ibaka already its depressing

Yea I can see that. I love Dipo. Wouldn't mind if the trade never happened especially with Vogel.