Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

I wasn't comparing their developmental abilities. Skiles sat Harris for many of the same reasons Vogel is sitting Mario is all.

While I agree Mario's cieling is higher than the best of JJ at this point if this hypothetical JJ of a couple years ago was available I'd think it would turn into a win win for us and the other team.

*Sidenote* When I use JJ I mean his overall skill set not necessarily actually JJ. Just a player who does everything and is dependable. I wouldn't want current JJ as he is too old. Not sure how many of those are around or even obtainable.

Skiles sat Harris because defense wasn't on Harris's list of priorities.

Mario just needs some one on one time to break down the few bad habits he has and relearn good ones. That's harder to do then the initial learning process.

Where are you seeing the info you posted?

Building castles in the air. One speculation on top of another. The idea that you bench someone to develop them more aggressively inherently doesn't make much sense.

Building castles in the air. One speculation on top of another. The idea that you bench someone to develop them more aggressively inherently doesn't make much sense.

In my experience if an athlete or anyone for that matter performes an certain movement incorrectly, you don't continue on doing that movement frequently. You reassess it, find the weaknesses and strengthen them.

Or the same treatment Skiles gave Harris. Harris netted the Bucks JJ. If we could get a JJ level player for Mario I think I would go for it!

Except the Bucks only had JJ for 28 games. The reason we made the trade was JJ was about to enter free agency and we knew we weren't going to sign him. It was the best trade Henny ever made. I agree that I would be on board for a player like JJ, but we sure don't need a short term answer to this team.

Except the Bucks only had JJ for 28 games. The reason we made the trade was JJ was about to enter free agency and we knew we weren't going to sign him. It was the best trade Henny ever made. I agree that I would be on board for a player like JJ, but we sure don't need a short term answer to this team.

Right. I obviously wouldn't want it to happen unless we believed whoever this player was is worth whatever upcoming contract. I guess the risk would be does that player re sign with us. Money talks though right?

Is there an interesting player there for us?

the lowest value that they could give back with the trade still being legal and us not taking back a crazy salary that kills all future cap space is something like Vucevic for Aminu and Vonleh.

but aminu doesn't really make sense here. He does have value though. so we'd have to look for home for him that could provide us with an upgrade somewhere else. so what's that? another young point guard lotto ticket? Memphis for wade Baldwin? Toronto for Delon Wright? OKC for Cameron payne?

edit: we can probably get a protected pick somewhere in here too.

the lowest value that they could give back with the trade still being legal and us not taking back a crazy salary that kills all future cap space is something like Vucevic for Aminu and Vonleh.

but aminu doesn't really make sense here. He does have value though. so we'd have to look for home for him that could provide us with an upgrade somewhere else. so what's that? another young point guard lotto ticket? Memphis for wade Baldwin? Toronto for Delon Wright? OKC for Cameron payne?

CJ McCollum!! Do it!!!

CJ McCollum!! Do it!!!

I know your kidding but for the sake of people who want to follow this string and make this happen,

it's almost impossible to trade for McCollum due to his poison pill status. McCollum's outgoing salary is 3.2 million but his salary with Portland is weighted as 23 million.

a straight up vucevic for McCollum deal results in the magic needing to ship out an additional 7.1 million while Portland would need to ship out an additional 7.6 million.

so you need a third team that would be able to absorb something like meeks and Wilcox and aminu without providing any salary in return. And that goes on top of the fact that Portland would want much more than just vucevic for McCollum.

or we'd need to add in so much salary that the 20 million discrepancy in McCollum's salary fits within the 25% umbrella for matching salary in trades.

You seeing this somewhere?

its in here somewhere:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18106035/zach-lowe-portland-trail-blazers-damian-lillard-cj-mccollum-nba

Portland looks ripe for a trade. Neil Olshey, the team's one-step-ahead GM, chased Hassan Whiteside in free agency, and has a well-documented fondness for old-school low-post brutes like Brook Lopez, Greg Monroe, Nikola Vucevic and others. (It's tempting to pitch a Crabbe/Lopez swap since the Nets lavished Crabbe with a massive offer sheet, but Brooklyn cannot acquire Crabbe until the offseason -- at least under current league rules.)

Portland has long been my favorite Vucevic landing spot, though the Magic should probably just stop taking Olshey's calls after gifting him Harkless for nothing. Just about everyone is overstocked with centers. Portland might call Denver about Jusuf Nurkic, and it wouldn't stun me if they expressed some interest in Tyson Chandler -- even though Chandler is a decade older than some core Blazers, with two years left on a bloated contract. (Related: It still looks unlikely that the new collective bargaining deal will include an amnesty provision, though you never know what crazy stuff might happen in those addled final hours of negotiation.)