Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

I honestly think I'd rather have Vuch then Ibaka.

As a starter I wouldn't.

I think Payton and Vucevic could be backups for successful teams, but having them start for the last 3 years has taken a toll on me. They're the only constant starters from our losses, if you think about it. Harris and Oladipo are gone

By Forbes’ estimation, New Orleans is the least valuable team in the NBA. The Pelicans have one iconic player, but play in an NFL city. Ferry was brought in to make a ton of front office moves to get this team back on track. The organization took a slow burn approach this summer, picking up low-cost complementary pieces to help their defense. But do they really have time to see that strategy out? Could one gutsy transaction be the right course of action for this struggling team? Could they actually trade Davis?

It would be a soul-crushing transaction for the Pelicans faithful if Davis were moved. He appeared to be a once-in-a-generation franchise savior. However, they have to accept that Davis has as many playoff wins as DeMarcus Cousins has with the dysfunctional Sacramento Kings: none. It’s been a little more than four seasons and the franchise is still in need of saving.

The idea of trading Davis comes with all sorts of potential problems. It might make the franchise vulnerable enough to be relocated to Seattle. Front office personnel who make that decision are the ones who could lose their jobs if it doesn’t work out. There’s no guarantee of getting back a player as good or as young as Davis.

However, the return the Pelicans could demand for Davis might be something we haven’t seen in decades — in terms of picks and young talent, the Pelicans could replenish their barren war chest.

There are a few teams that have the asset allocation to land a guy like Davis. The Boston Celtics, Denver Nuggets, and even the Orlando Magic come to mind. All three could offer some combination of useful veterans, potential stars, and a draft pick or two. Davis is a likable guy with immense talent, locked into a deal through the 2020-21 NBA season. The return New Orleans could get would likely be bigger that what disgruntled Cousins could land for the Kings or what enigmatic Chris Webber could have garnered in his prime.

http://fansided.com/...-anthony-davis/

The problem is we would turn into the Knicks when they traded for Carmelo.

[/size]http://fansided.com/...-anthony-davis/

The problem is we would turn into the Knicks when they traded for Carmelo.

Not necessarily. We could probably end up with a Payton-Fournier-green-Davis- biyombo lineup with a Payton- Fournier- Hezonja- Davis- biyombo lineup being an outside possibility

Vucevic Gordon Mario three picks and ibaka to a third team for another pick is an appropriate haul

Not necessarily. We could probably end up with a Payton-Fournier-green-Davis- biyombo lineup with a Payton- Fournier- Hezonja- Davis- biyombo lineup being an outside possibility

Vucevic Gordon Mario three picks and ibaka to a third team for another pick is an appropriate haul

Where do I sign? Like to keep Mario if we could though I agree it would difficult.

I wouldn't mind trading the entire roster for Anthony Davis, but how appealing are our players, really?

You never get fair value for a star like him.

Youth, picks and cap space is what teams want in return.

I think they would dump Asik on us as well.