Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Not to defend Green, and I absolutely agree he was a terrible signing, but talent isn't his issue. We're just another team on the list that's hoped Jeff Green would figure out how to give max effort every night for us. At least it was only a 1 year deal.

no, Green was considerably worse for us than he was at previous destinations.

Maybe because there was constantly a better player around him to push him? he didn't have that here.

But Green was replacement level elsewhere. Here he was detrimental.

no, Green was considerably worse for us than he was at previous destinations.

Maybe because there was constantly a better player around him to push him? he didn't have that here.

But Green was replacement level elsewhere. Here he was detrimental.

I'm not saying Green was even passable here, I'm just saying that talent isn't his issue.

Remember the amount of people on here who praised the Green signing saying it was exactly what we needed

I was optimistic with the Green signing and thought it was a good move because we didn't sign him long term. We all knew it was an overpay, but the salary floor is still a thing that you have to reach. I also thought it would lead to a decent deadline trade, but big expiring contracts aren't as valuable at the deadline as they used to be.

Remember the amount of people on here who praised the Green signing saying it was exactly what we needed

a backup veteran small forward who can score big every once in a while is exactly what we need. but I was sold on crappy replacement level Jeff Green from Memphis and the Clippers. Not team destroying crappy jeff green we got this year.

Big difference.

Our tank (and the worrying thing is I don't even think it is even happening) started way too late. We should have been thinking about it soon after the Ross trade, once we knew that wasn't going to be some miracle that propelled us to playoff contention. We should have shut down Vuch for the season after he had that minor injury, think it was a knee or achilles or something. Should have played Biyombo and Zim the rest of the season, we're paying Biyombo so much, might as well see if he can produce something which will either give us hope for next season or increase his trade value if we want to give up on him. Zim isn't ready but why not just see what he can do, he'd help the tank or the 'we're gonna put ourselves in a position to struggle to win' mode. Shut down Green earlier along with Meeks and played Mario bigger minutes and some other young player like Wilcox before we waived him. Bigger minutes to Meeks, Watson and to some extent Augestine was stupid. Vuch is Vuch, we know what he offers, every other team knows what he offers, his trade value isn't going to change, the only thing that has changed is our ping pong ball odds.

We could have easily ended up with the 3rd worst record. I know that is something that you probably don't want to hope for but the way the NBA is designed, once we were in a position of knowing we couldn't make the playoffs we had to do what other teams were doing and shutting down players and trying youngsters and different lineups. With such a good draft, picking 3rd or 6th is a big deal going forward, especially when we don't really have anything to build around, the 3rd pick could be a guy and its less likely the 6th would be (they still could, but the chances are much better if you get a crack at picking 3rd). I don't advocate players ever tanking, I don't get frustrated when I see Payton turn it on and steal a win, he should be busting his ass for a win whenever he's on the court. I get frustrated at the front office for not doing anything smart, I don't even get frustrated at Vogel for trying to coach to the best of his abilities and taking a win off a team we probably should have lost against, that's his job. I blame management for leaving all these players at the coaches disposal, guys should have been shut down or made clear to Vogel that we want to try some of the youngsters and see what they have.

I was a big Henny defender at the start of the season but to be honest I'm struggling to support him now. I think some things he's been a little harshly criticised for, but not doing anything this back end of the season is a joke really, compared to what everyone else is doing. I'm probably leaning towards rather having him sacked the day after the last game then keeping him going into next season. The whiteboard Saric-AG trade thing is unbelievable, I hope it just reads really bad compared to what it was meant to mean, maybe draft picks and other players involved, hopefully. If he made a straight swap I think I would just crawl into a ball in the corner of my room and sob until next season started.

That wasn't easy for him though. Dealing with injury and rehab (and a bad medical staff, apparently) the whole time.

And he actually busted his ass to get back on the court.

I will never understand why people boo Grant Hill, who worked Hardee for this organization, but cheer T-Mac, who trashed us and threw us under the bus on his way out.

And he actually busted his ass to get back on the court.

I will never understand why people boo Grant Hill, who worked Hardee for this organization, but cheer T-Mac, who trashed us and threw us under the bus on his way out.

I don't understand why we boo either.