Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

I am going to try not to be worried about some of these guys until about 20 games into the season.

Yeah, I mean maybe he's just a guy. Maybe he needs more time to figure out the game. But we're like 16 months until we reach the "figure it out or else" stage so I'm not really sure what the point of worrying is.

Hoop dreams...how the Orlando Magic will win the 2017 NBA title

After a regular season with some growing pains, everything will eventually click for Orlando after they get used to Vogel’s hyper-aggressive defensive scheme and figure out how to win slopfests of games. They’ll get plenty of practice playing in the Southeast, as Atlanta (second), Miami (tied for seventh), and Charlotte (ninth) were all in the top-10 of defensive efficiency last year.

The Magic have gone all-in on this approach, though, and the combination of Fournier, Ibaka, Vucevic, and Hezonja (who makes a big leap forward in 2016-17) gives them just enough scoring to become a nightmare once it all clicks. They won’t be a top-3 seed, but heading into the postseason, no team will be more dangerous for higher-seeded squads than Orlando.

Once Orlando gets into the postseason, the path to a championship is simple: stifle teams and trust that their young talent won’t get worn out over the course of a seven-game series. Additionally, the brilliance of the Vogel hiring (along with the decision to bring on longtime Spurs assistant Chad Forcier) and the Ibaka trade means that the the Magic have dudes who have been in plenty of postseason battles before. This is going to come in handy all year, but especially in the spring/summer.

Games will slow down. Every possession will matter. This will favor a team that is used to playing slow, grind it out hoops that is well-coached and perfectly balances youth with veterans. That’s the Magic. A first round matchup with, say, Boston? Easy. Conference semis against Atlanta? That’s nothing. Conference finals against Cleveland? Who needs LeBron James when you have Never Google? The Finals against Golden State? There won’t be a 3-1 lead for the Warriors to blow, because the Magic are going to sweep them. The exclamation point will come when Ibaka dunks on Kevin Durant so viciously that KD opts out of his deal with the Dubs and joins Orlando this offseason so this never happens again. Also, Draymond Green tries to slow Hezonja down by kicking him in the ‘nads and ends up getting suspended for the rest of the postseason.

Honestly, the only question we need to ask is whether the team’s victory parade will take place around the Amway Center or if they’ll do it at Disney World. I think the latter makes the most sense. Give the dude in the Mickey costume a day off in July, I’m sure he’ll appreciate it because it gets really warm when you’re donning a mascot head.

http://uproxx.com/di...ason-preview/3/

Biz and AG aren't playing tonight.

So any guesses on SL?

So there's two schools of thought here. Do we go Payton-Fournier-green-Ibaka-Vucevic because green is obviously better than Hezonja right now or do we go Hezonja in place of green in order to preserve green's role and continue to get him comfortable coming off the bench with Augustin

So there's two schools of thought here. Do we go Payton-Fournier-green-Ibaka-Vucevic because green is obviously better than Hezonja right now or do we go Hezonja in place of green in order to preserve green's role and continue to get him comfortable coming off the bench with Augustin

I say the latter. Keep giving Mario opportunities so he adjusts quicker. We don't need the preseason w. We need Mario to get it together.

Give Mario the start and tell him to be aggressive beyond all belief! Mario do what you want game.