Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Fournier being asked to be the go to guy is the biggest problem I have with Vogel. I also have a problem with Ross getting 7 shots and Evan 18. WTF!

That's a product of lack of talent. Same goes for Vuch and him jacking 18+ shots a game.

We need to get more efficent players who can control the offense. With that will come less touches/shots for both of them.

I actually don't think Payton has much to do with it. But that shouldn't come as a surprise. He's just shooting better.

It's possible. I'm not going to argue otherwise. I think it's a far more likely correlation than the Ross effect though. I don't have access to stats at the moment, i'd expect they show an increase in Fournier's assisted% since his improved shooting... same with AG.

That's a product of lack of talent. Same goes for Vuch and him jacking 18+ shots a game.

We need to get more efficent players who can control the offense. With that will come less touches/shots for both of them.

That is by vogels design. There are plays you can run when u need a bucket. Not just here ya go Evan, go get it.

Fournier being asked to be the go to guy is the biggest problem I have with Vogel. I also have a problem with Ross getting 7 shots and Evan 18. WTF!

We need to turn him into a catch and shoot player and give Ross the go ahead to be the go to guy.

We need to turn him into a catch and shoot player and give Ross the go ahead to be the go to guy.

Nah. Both are catch and shoot guys. We need a go to guy.

I think is more about lack of leadership in court rather than what Vogel say or does as a coach. Vogel has to rely in a player to take that role. Usually this player is a PG with high IQ that can control and Create for others.

I dont see that happening with payton

It's nice to see for sure. He has benefited from Payton's improved play. AG's uptick in scoring is also a nice byproduct. Let it all continue.

It would all mean a lot more to me if we were winning. I have a hard time assessing how much credence to give statistics in the context of consistent losses. Someone will always score even on the worst teams but that may not be a player who you want on a better team.

It would all mean a lot more to me if we were winning. I have a hard time assessing how much credence to give statistics in the context of consistent losses. Someone will always score even on the worst teams but that may not be a player who you want on a better team.

This helps show impact

http://on.nba.com/2mCA7cr

This helps show impact

http://on.nba.com/

Obligatory sample size alert comment! So, basically we are at our best with him on the floor and worst with him off. Not a surprise, though perhaps disappointing to the Payton detractors. An article on espn today said that Payton, CP, and Westbrook are the only 3 people that avg the rebounds and assists they do while averaging 10+ points. I know this was mentioned already, but he is also the youngest of the top 20 pg's as rated by PER. Basically the only real knock on him at this point is his three point shooting. The Same could be said for our whole team.