Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Thanks for the help! You should post in the other topics to make sure everyone knows this trade happened and find out what they think. Go Magic!

I think at the time of the trade it wasn't a bad deal. We got a decent player and a 1st, I don't think anyone else was offering a good player and a pick. It's just a little upsetting about how we gave up a lot going after Serge to push for playoffs when we weren't ready. All in all though I don't think this individual trade was a bad one.

Everyone will be happy with AG going back to the 4. One thing that no one really talks about, yes he is better offensively at the 4 but he has been fantastic guarding the 3 spot. At one point (and may still be) he held opponents to the most differential in FG%, he played great on Giannis, he shut down Harden for a game, he shut down lots of athletic scoring wings, now with Ross at SF he'll only be guarding PFs. I think he'll do fine guarding them now cos hes a lot stronger than last season, but I don't think he'll shine on defence like he did against premier athletic wings. I'm also worried about going back to an AG-Vuch frontcourt, that was something we decided to move away from in the summer, deciding we needed more rim protection. Vuch has improved a little on D so it might work out (or he could still be traded before the deadline). We could move Vuch and play AG-Biz, but I feel Biz won't be a good piece until you have a couple of great scorers like Toronto did with Lowry and DeRozan.

I'm expecting more deals to go down, but for the time being this likely means Gordon gets to start at the four so the question is who starts at the 3. I think Green likely draws those at first but other trades or hopefully an emergence from Ross could change that.

I'm expecting more deals to go down, but for the time being this likely means Gordon gets to start at the four so the question is who starts at the 3. I think Green likely draws those at first but other trades or hopefully an emergence from Ross could change that.

I think, for now, Ross starts at the 3 with Mario backing him up and Green backs up AG at the 4.

I think, for now, Ross starts at the 3 with Mario backing him up and Green backs up AG at the 4.

Ideally Green is traded. We need those minutes going to anyone but him.

I expect Zimmerman to work his way into the rotation post all star break once the tank is really on.

Ideally Green is traded. We need those minutes going to anyone but him.

I expect Zimmerman to work his way into the rotation post all star break once the tank is really on.

Yep, try to trade Green, if you can't, buy him out. He's no good to us if we're rebuilding.