Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

the Spurs are just a great team top to bottom. Pop and management are great at assessing and developing talent. Theyre is a reason they stay on the top and we stay on the bottom unless we luck into a generational talent in the lotto (only to lose them in free agency).

They do a really good job of putting players in a situation to succeed. There's a reason why Spurs players never achieve the same success on other teams. They're usually really good at X and Pop brings them in specifically because they can do X and tells them "don't worry about A-W, just focus on X". Other teams say "you're really good at X, lets see if you can do H, M, and R".

With Dedmon it's "Just play hard for 16 mpg. We have Gasol and Aldridge and David Lee and so on to take minutes if you get into foul trouble so just play hard for 16 mpg."

With us it was "Dedmon is good, but he cant stay out of foul trouble if we give him minutes".

but it goes beyond dedmon.

Danny Green, 2nd round pick, waived by Cleveland, almost the finals mvp a few years ago.

Patty Mills, 2nd round pick, not retained by Portland

Jonathon Simmons, undrafted D-league summer league add

Boris Diaw, Waived by the bobcats, integral to shutting down LeBron

Gary Neal, Matt bonner, all of the random Centers who "started" over the years.

They're really good at finding guys to plug in to a specific role.

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins · 57s58 seconds ago

The Magic said they have recalled rookie center Stephen Zimmerman from the D-League.

So it's going down then. Whatever happens i'm sure it will blow our minds.

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins · 57s58 seconds ago

The Magic said they have recalled rookie center Stephen Zimmerman from the D-League.

My guy. Let the tank full ensue and let the rook get his minutes.

I'm assuming this move should obviously be the sign of a trade on the horizon.

My guy. Let the tank full ensue and let the rook get his minutes.

I'm assuming this move should obviously be the sign of a trade on the horizon.

well we're going to make a trade by the deadline (next thursday) and we don't leave the state until March 5th so might as well bring him back now. So I don't know if this signals a trade specifically today or tomorrow but knowing that we're going to make a trade at some point soon we might as well bring him back now.

well we're going to make a trade by the deadline (next thursday) and we don't leave the state until March 5th so might as well bring him back now. So I don't know if this signals a trade specifically today or tomorrow but knowing that we're going to make a trade at some point soon we might as well bring him back now.

Yeah get him up to speed.

Makes me think we're trading Ibaka and Vuch.

Ibaka to Toronto and Vuch to Boston?

Yeah get him up to speed.

Makes me think we're trading Ibaka and Vuch.

Ibaka to Toronto and Vuch to Boston?

Yeah i still think this is the best thing that could happen. These two teams have prospects and picks. If i hear about other teams like the Heat or Portland, i know it might be some bad veteran contract coming back.

Yeah i still think this is the best thing that could happen. These two teams have prospects and picks. If i hear about other teams like the Heat or Portland, i know it might be some bad veteran contract coming back.

If TJ didn't have that poison pill I wouldn't mind a deal with the Heat.

Houston has Harrell and McDaniels but yeah we'd have to take back Brewer.

Boston and Toronto has expiring that keeps us flexible so yeah those are the best teams to trade with.

A Josh McRoberts and Justise Winslow trade for Serge Ibaka works money wise. -- Taylor, Christiansburg, Va.

A: That's not the reason I downplayed the permutation yesterday. My emphasis was that the Magic gave up Victor Oladipo and the draft rights to No. 11 2016 first-round pick Domantas Sabonis, as well as functional power forward Ersan Ilyasova (an eventual trade chip for the Thunder) in exchange for Ibaka. Therefore, I would find it difficult to fathom that less than a year later the Magic would cash that all in for what essentially only would be Winslow, a player who will miss the balance of this season following shoulder surgery. Now, if you throw in Tyler Johnson or Josh Richardson and the necessary filler, that could at least serve the Magic's purposes. Obviously, the most tangible targets for the Magic would be Goran Dragic or Hassan Whiteside, but not only do you run risks with Ibaka's expiring contract and impending free agency, but I'm not sure an argument could be made that Ibaka would have more value to the Heat than Whiteside or Dragic going forward. (What makes Ibaka's $18.4 million cap hold so tempting, is that you could then keep Dragic and Whiteside, re-sign Ibaka at the back end of free agency, and then also have the cap cash to retain James Johnson or even Dion Waiters, if all goes as planned when it comes to reclaiming Chris Bosh's cap space.)

http://www.sun-senti...1317-story.html

I'd be cool with this deal with the Heat.

Winslow was my guy during the draft so that'd be funny if that happened. He cannot shoot so he'd fit right in.

if we hoard enough good defensive players sooner or later we gotta become a good defensive team, right?