Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

I mean, this would suck but no move is better than taking on high salary players we don't want.

I agree no doubt, but Dipo and 1st for Vapor... really hurts. I hope we can met something decent... maybe a mid range pick.

i hear you but you make a wise decision when you look at the whole picture. Henny decided to go with Fournier instead. Dipo likely had a better value in the market and he rolled the Dice on Ibaka. It didnt work out but I still think Dipo is not a max player. Fournier has a higher BBIQ than Dipo. Dipo is an injury away to become a liability. He rely on his explosiveness and aggresiveness. He still has not shot and remains inconsistent.

I fornt want either Fournier or Dipo. I rather get rid of Fournier and go hard in free agency for JJ Redick.

Rolling that dice wasn't smart. That's a move you make when you're a playoff team ala Goggles when we had Shaq and needed that push.

Fournier with a higher IQ? Doesn't defend, doesn't make his team better, I don't know. He's just a better shooter imo. Maybe a higher IQ when it comes to getting his.

I agree no doubt, but Dipo and 1st for Vapor... really hurts. I hope we can met something decent... maybe a mid range pick.

It'll go down to the day of the deadline if a deal happens.

FWIW I think there are trades out there and the only way we don't trade him is if we somehow end up with another trade that makes us more appealing for him to stay.

with us no longer in the running for a playoff spot there's no reason to rush the trade now. wait it out. Maybe Patrick Patterson goes down and suddenly they're more likely to send us the clippers pick, their pick, and some player.

It was going to be either Dipo or Fournier. Fournier was a better player than Dipo and signed for much less. Dipo is going to ask for max money.

Yeah the Dipo trade hurt mostly because i think sending the pick was an overpay, however it looks like that was needed to outbid other teams including the Raptors.

Also Dipo has already resigned with OKC, he got 80 million. We all thought we had to make a choice between Fornier or Dipo. However we could have easily went into this season with both.

Look all the moves have backfired but at i can see the thought process behind each move. Right up until we signed Biyombo, that's when i knew we were totally screwed. I could defend each move Hennigan made up until then, at least they made a little sense. None of these moves have worked, hindsight is 20/20.

Yeah the Dipo trade hurt mostly because i think sending the pick was an overpay, however it looks like that was needed to outbid other teams including the Raptors.

Also Dipo has already resigned with OKC, he got 80 million. We all thought we had to make a choice between Fornier or Dipo. However we could have easily went into this season with both.

Look all the moves have backfired but at i can see the thought process behind each move. Right up until we signed Biyombo, that's when i knew we were totally screwed. I could defend each move Hennigan made up until then, at least they made a little sense. None of these moves have worked, hindsight is 20/20.

I wasnt against the trade when it happen nor I was jumping in joy. It was a good move. We needed to make a change and a splash. It didnt work out. My only problem with the move at the tme was the inclusion of our first round pick.

I agree with you on the Biyombo signing. Didnt like it then and dont like it now.

If and only if Henny is able to acquire a guy like Butler then everyone here will likely be happier with a combination of Butler/Ibaka rather than Butler/Dipo. Lets wait til the year end and see what happens during the rest of the season or offseason before we make a final judgment on this trade.

Also, I think Ibaka has a higher trade value than Dipo.

people keep freaking out about that pick

that draft SUCKED.

The average draft over the last 10 years has 6.4 rookies averaging double figures. The most in the last 10 years was 12 in 2008. the fewest in the last 10 years was 2012 and 2013 with 4.

I went back through 1979 and the fewest number of rookies averaging double figures was 3 in the historically bad 2000 draft.

the 2016 draft has ZERO players averaging double figures. ZERO! The best player has been the 36th pick in the draft, Malcolm Brogdon with a whopping 9.2 ppg. There's only 4 players who are averaging 6+ppg and 40+% shooting from the field.

A few players might end up being good down the line but this minimal level of production is unprecedented in the NBA.

• Upvote 1

I just want to point out I don't want to minimalize how that trade would be bad if Ibaka just left for nothing. I just was looking for a place to put that rant. I said a dozen times how after the first few players nobody really felt all that great so it didn't surprise me that players projected to us at 11 went everywhere from 8 to 45. But it's still shocking how ridiculously bad this draft has been so far.

People like to point out that our pick is a starter for the Thunder right now, but that's only because OKC's bigs are awful. I would almost say that the Ibaka trade was just as bad for OKC, because they could have gotten Oladipo's stats from Waiters, at a much better price, if they didn't let him go.

people keep freaking out about that pick

that draft SUCKED.

The average draft over the last 10 years has 6.4 rookies averaging double figures. The most in the last 10 years was 12 in 2008. the fewest in the last 10 years was 2012 and 2013 with 4.

I went back through 1979 and the fewest number of rookies averaging double figures was 3 in the historically bad 2000 draft.

the 2016 draft has ZERO players averaging double figures. ZERO! The best player has been the 36th pick in the draft, Malcolm Brogdon with a whopping 9.2 ppg. There's only 4 players who are averaging 6+ppg and 40+% shooting from the field.

A few players might end up being good down the line but this minimal level of production is unprecedented in the NBA.

Yeah. Last years 11th pick is equivalent to this years 21st pick. Could care less about that. I just think we miss Dipo's heart, attitude, defense, and even though he played hero ball at times, he still made plays for others.

Yeah. Last years 11th pick is equivalent to this years 21st pick. Could care less about that. I just think we miss Dipo's heart, attitude, defense, and even though he played hero ball at times, he still made plays for others.

I get it with the pick. Sabonis is no different that zimmerman and Z is seeing no playing time at the moment. Having this 2 was not really necessary. Plus now we have no first round salary attached which will be useful in the free agency market.

But going back to Dipo. It Is easier to go back now and see thing differently.

The same thing can we said in regards to Harris. Heart, attitude, "defense" etc..

Heck, the same can be said with the JJ's trade.

With Dipo, again, we had Fournier and a guy named Mario coming from his Rookie year which a lot of people here wanted for him to have more playing time. Nobody saw this coming.

Frustating for sure but I dont feel bad about any of those trades until after I see what is going to happen in this year free agency period.