Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

I can never understand how these professional athletes who get paid millions to play the game they love can't give 100% effort at all times on the court, there are no excuses why you can't give 100% all of the time. If you are hurt or tired your 100% might not be as good as when you are feeling 100% but the amount of effort you give shouldn't diminish.

Yes if he would only shoot corner threes.

AG is more effective around the basket. Cutting, offensive rebounds, putbacks, all the things Shawn Marion did. That corner three might improve for AG down the road but Vogel has pulled him away from where he's the most natural and the most effective at. At the 4 he would also provide some of the same problems Marion did for opposing teams like grabbing a defensive board and immediately initiate a fast break. Or utilizing a first step much harder for 4's to defend. Speed wise it would make us faster as an whole as well.

This is good stuff

Makes sense too. That's how I shoot and always was a good shooter..

Grow a beard instead EP.

Future references, do not draft or sign a guy with a lot of hair there Rob.

replace "losing momentum" with "zero" and we all can agree. The fact that this is the product they have on the floor at year 5 is pathetic and inexcusable.

That was always the risk with the approach of purposefully making ourselves terrible to land high draft picks. Yeah it works once in awhile if you get the superstar but most of the time it doesn't. And it's a very high risk strategy. As I said at the time (and got totally blasted for in here), we run the risk of being bad for a very long time.

People are finding out that it's not so easy to flip the switch from established loser to winner.

Why is "effort" always a reoccurring theme with the Orlando Magic Francine? Really gets tiring as a fan to constantly hear about the issues with effort.

I've always said, I can handle being a crappy team. Most the teams I'm fans of are crappy far more often than good--but I absolutely hate a team that can't just give their fans effort everynight.

Fans suck too, to be fair to the players. The energy in the building (moreso than the O-Rena, although that sucked too) is horrendous.

Watch a Boston game and tell me the crowd doesn't push the team to higher levels then their talent. It won't win you titles of course, but consistent crowd energy helps teams grow. It's a like a vacation when teams get to come down and play us in the winter.