Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

we're approaching the halfway point in the season and Ibaka is still shooting 41% from three.

didn't think that was going to happen. expected him that to drop near 37%

im going to go through the recent losses to see if I can figure something out.

Knicks- Carmelo and Porzingis held in check. Rose, O'Quinn, Hernangomez beat us.

Raptors- Derozan killed us. did a great job on everyone else. Just couldn't hit any shots and turned the ball over 19 times

Clippers- Rivers killed us

Denver- General defense killed us.

Charlotte- general offense killed us. Stopped kemba and batum for the most part. MKG, lamb, and sessions played well. we shot 37%

Boston- everyone played bad on both ends of the court.

Memphis- played solid defense, Troy Daniels just hit some shots. payton and augustin had a bad game at the same time.

no real pattern but we generally do a good job on the first and second option guys. then a random bench guy ends up being the difference.

im going to go through the recent losses to see if I can figure something out.

Knicks- Carmelo and Porzingis held in check. Rose, O'Quinn, Hernangomez beat us.

Raptors- Derozan killed us. did a great job on everyone else. Just couldn't hit any shots and turned the ball over 19 times

Clippers- Rivers killed us

Denver- General defense killed us.

Charlotte- general offense killed us. Stopped kemba and batum for the most part. MKG, lamb, and sessions played well. we shot 37%

Boston- everyone played bad on both ends of the court.

Memphis- played solid defense, Troy Daniels just hit some shots. payton and augustin had a bad game at the same time.

no real pattern but we generally do a good job on the first and second option guys. then a random bench guy ends up being the difference.

Maybe quicker twos that know how to move without the ball kill us?

Zach Lowe on Twitter:

"Elfrid Payton: 51%/34% from deep coming off the bench; 41%/18% as a starter. Weird. ORL offense around league average since lineup change."

While Augustine has been rough as a starter, I still like Payton as our weird 6th man. He's been so much more focused and aggressive. Plus, I think the rotation works way better. It'll be interesting to see what might happen if we trade Vooch.

it'd be cool if we beat Charlotte tomorrow so that we don't have to worry about predictably losing to Indiana on new years day.

That's not happening... not after we scored over 100 the last game.

Trend will say we will score 80+ pts and lose. Plus it's just a bad matchup all around

That's not happening... not after we scored over 100 the last game.

Trend will say we will score 80+ pts and lose. Plus it's just a bad matchup all around

Eh, basketball reference's algorithm thingy had us winning 51% of their simulations so its not out of the question. Plus their season has been streaky and they're just coming off a winning streak.

So who knows.

Eh, basketball reference's algorithm thingy had us winning 51% of their simulations so its not out of the question. Plus their season has been streaky and they're just coming off a winning streak.

So who knows.

Granted but the last time we played them and I watched... I saw Zeller dunking the **** out of the ball on Biyombo and we called it quits in the 3rd. And that was without Batun playing... so with how we play and how they play, it's highly unlikely we will win the game.

Granted but the last time we played them and I watched... I saw Zeller dunking the **** out of the ball on Biyombo and we called it quits in the 3rd. And that was without Batun playing... so with how we play and how they play, it's highly unlikely we will win the game.

Charlotte lost to Brooklyn yesterday

Zach Lowe on Twitter:

"Elfrid Payton: 51%/34% from deep coming off the bench; 41%/18% as a starter. Weird. ORL offense around league average since lineup change."

That has to be a reflection of who he is playing with, where he's shooting from, and how he is getting those shots. Simply coming off the bench cannot make you a better player. That research is way too deep for me but it would be interesting to see a breakdown of Payton's offense as a starter and coming of the bench.