Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Dedmon is a poor mans Biyombo. Fraction of the cost yeah but with that you get a fraction of the production. Biyombo's salary isn't the problem. The problem is his salary factoring in with his limited minutes because we still have Vucevic here. If we moved him and gave Biyombo the starting minutes then he's worth the contract.

Starting Biyombo with Payton and Gordon gives us 3 guys the opponents don't really have to guard. Fournier and Ibaka are third options at best on a good team, so the offense will struggle to score enough points to win.

When Aaron Gordon is defending players they shoot 38 for 111 or 34.2%

Those players normally shoot 44.8%

This is the 6th biggest gap between numbers in the league.

When Aaron Gordon is defending players they shoot 38 for 111 or 34.2%

Those players normally shoot 44.8%

This is the 6th biggest gap between numbers in the league.

Wow, and that is a pretty significant difference, and on a decent sample size.

That is a much bigger difference than a week and a half ago or so when I looked up those stats. At that time the gap was only at about a 1% difference or so. He has put in some defensive work the past couple of games.

Because we crash the offensive glass so hard.

No. Because we've shot so poorly we give up tons of defensive rebounds leading to fast breaks.

I am completely torn about this, I believe Ibaka / Biyombo is easily our best 4/5 combo and shout be starting.

I am also a big fan of EP and Gordon (not necessarily at the 3...), both I think can be very good, Gordon especially.

The problem is, I don't think those 4 can co-exist in a starting 5, unless you had an absolute dynamic superstar at the 2 (thinking this season DeRozan). More realistically you need that scoring / play making ability at 2 out of the 3 remaining spots, there's certainly no solution currently on the roster (I haven't seen anything from Mario suggesting he can be that guy).

I am completely torn about this, I believe Ibaka / Biyombo is easily our best 4/5 combo and shout be starting.

I am also a big fan of EP and Gordon (not necessarily at the 3...), both I think can be very good, Gordon especially.

The problem is, I don't think those 4 can co-exist in a starting 5, unless you had an absolute dynamic superstar at the 2 (thinking this season DeRozan). More realistically you need that scoring / play making ability at 2 out of the 3 remaining spots, there's certainly no solution currently on the roster (I haven't seen anything from Mario suggesting he can be that guy).

Yeah you gotta have at least one guy who score in an variety of ways. Get to the line, creat shots off the dribble and catch and shoot. Gotta have one star at least to even make the playoffs worth going to.