Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

I never made an estimation as to what his future will hold, in fact, I projected optimism-mentioning his age. All I said was 'what has he shown us to make us think he will be an all star?' There is no ignorance there. I understand you really like AG, but its a fair question that's far from ignorant. I never said the second sentence you posed, and by the third sentence it was obvious you didn't understand what I actually said-you focused on blind defense of him.

Like AG? I like his potential but ultimately what he becomes is on him.

I do think his success will be depending on who he thinks he is as a player. If what he chooses to be meshes with who he should be, I think an all star or two isn't out of the question.

I also don't think he has to be an all star to be good for us.

My concern with him is what kind of player does he think he should be? I don't necessarily agree with him as an Pippen like player. Never have. I've always seen him as a Blake/Marion hybrid. At worse a better defensive Faried which is still nice. This year, I started to wonder if he's Aminu or a Marvin Williams or a MKG type of player. Which is fine. They're great players to have.

That is much more balanced and reasonable than calling me ignorant 4 or 5 times in three sentences.

I called myself ignorant because I have idea but mainly was referring to Lowe and Simmons because they don't either.

Let me ask you this:

Do you think there is a team willing to take on Timofey Mozgov's contract? If your answer is no then you have to consider, what team would take on even more money and, at best, a similar player in terms of production/value or at worst, a lesser offensive player totally dependent on others to score points? Because for all the jokes about Mozgov, he can at least score in the post and hit his FTs. You yourself just mentioned that "when we get a better PG" he will be a good player. But that doesn't justify his salary right now as no team will trade for him straight up, or will give us peanuts due to his limitations. I'm not saying he can't be moved, but nobody is trading for him without us adding another player or asset. It does affect our cap situation as we might be stuck with him for a while, therefore not allowing us to sign other players.

I do not know where to start but I will point a few things here

#1 You are now comparing Mozgov to Biz. Mozgov is a completely different player who is declining. He has no defense and he has struggle in offense over the past couple of years. He is older and can't keep up with today's fast pace game. I do not know nor I cant understand as to why you see Mozgov as a better player than Biz. This is crazy talk.

#2 I did not mentioned that he will be a good player with a better PG. What I said is that he is a great pick and roll player who creates for other. There is even a stat that proves my point. He is the best in the league in that. He was able to prove it when he played alongside Lowry in Torornto.

#3 His salary DOES NOT AFFECT OUR CAP SITUATION. We still have enough money to sign players this summer. Biz is earning 17 millions per year for the next 2 years. He has a player option in 2019. Next year cap projection is to be 102 millions with the luxury tax been at 113 millions per year. Our salary for next year currently sit at a little over 77millions. Do the math. We have around 36 millions available before we hit tax to use this summer. We also have the 2.2 mill trade exemption from the Ibaka trade available which expire on 2/14/2018. SO we can ride with BIZ contract for the next two years w/o any problems.

#1 You are now comparing Mozgov to Biz. Mozgov is a completely different player who is declining. He has no defense and he has struggle in offense over the past couple of years. He is older and can't keep up with today's fast pace game. I do not know nor I cant understand as to why you see Mozgov as a better player than Biz. This is crazy talk.

#2 I did not mentioned that he will be a good player with a better PG. What I said is that he is a great pick and roll player who creates for other. There is even a stat that proves my point. He is the best in the league in that. He was able to prove it when he played alongside Lowry in Torornto.

#3 His salary DOES NOT AFFECT OUR CAP SITUATION. We still have enough money to sign players this summer. Biz is earning 17 millions per year for the next 2 years. He has a player option in 2019. Next year cap projection is to be 102 millions with the luxury tax been at 113 millions per year. Our salary for next year currently sit at a little over 77millions. Do the math. We have around 36 millions available before we hit tax to use this summer. We also have the 2.2 mill trade exemption from the Ibaka trade available which expire on 2/14/2018. SO we can ride with BIZ contract for the next two years w/o any problems.

This post is a little misleading. Assuming we renounce Watson, Rudez, and Zimmerman, we still have $79M salary obligation (includes $1M Watson buyout). If we keep our 2 1st round picks, we add another $7M for a total of $86M. If the cap is $102M, that leaves us $16M to spend on free agents this summer, roughly what we're paying Jeff Green this year.

I never saw Gordon as an All-Star. Even when we drafted him and there were legit people on here comparing him to Lebron--I always saw him as more of a good role player.

So where he's at now is right about where I expected. He has to improve as much as anyone but there's still plenty of time for that.

Honestly I'm much more concerned with Mario than AG.

When we took Gordon I jokingly said that we took a 6'8'' DeAndre Jordan

Maybe the truth won't be far from that lolol

Great post

This post is a little misleading. Assuming we renounce Watson, Rudez, and Zimmerman, we still have $79M salary obligation (includes $1M Watson buyout). If we keep our 2 1st round picks, we add another $7M for a total of $86M. If the cap is $102M, that leaves us $16M to spend on free agents this summer, roughly what we're paying Jeff Green this year.

YESS!! We have enough to bring back Green for another year LOL.

This is why Biz's contract does matter. It matters greatly.

1. You didn't understand the comparison. They are both overpaid and not that good for what they provide. The difference is one is paid more than the other. If everyone agrees about Mozgov, what makes Biz so attractive? If you take the Magic glasses off you'll realize this.

2. Reread your post. You said if you surround him with a better PG and shooters he'll become better.

When we get a better point guard and better perimeter shooters you will soon realize how important that will be.

That's the equivalent of saying Javale McGee is a better player now because he's on the warriors. Also, Bis doesn't create for others; he's only good at finishing plays as the roll man. Lowry is an all star and possible all NBA player this season (he was pretty good last season too); he makes a lot of people look good. Unless we sign Lowry I don't think we will draft or acquire a player of that caliber to make Bis look that good. You basically agree that Bis looks good when he has a top guard creating for him. But he hasn't been good this season, and nowhere close to the money he's getting this season. His rim-rocking dunks, while great, aren't worth $72m.

3. As others have pointed out, having Bis on our books hinders our ability to sign other players. The cap space Bis takes up could be much better spent to sign a legit starter, not a backup. No team spends that much money on a backup player, not even the Clippers with Jamal Crawford. Your cap understanding is a bit off as we can't sign players up to the luxury tax limit. That's an internal mechanism, that we can go over the cap limit to resign our own players. But none of our players deserve that (Meeks, Green, Watson if he opts out). We will still have lots of space I agree, just not as much you're thinking.

3. Depressingly Hopeless: OrlandoMagic

Orlando’s motto should be: “Failingto live up to zero expectations.” No one ever expects anything from the Magic and yet, year after year, they find a way to be a strong disappointment. This year was especially depressing, as a new and proven coach (Frank Vogel), somewhat splashy off–season moves (Serge Ibaka, Bismack Biyombo), and multiple former lottery picks (Aaron Gordon, Mario Hezonja, Elfrid Payton) all fell flat to one degree or another. Instead of competing for a playoff spot and eying Ibaka as a long-term franchise guy, Orlando is in the Southeast Division basement again having already given up on Ibaka at the deadline. The only question now is whether GM Rob Hennigan, who has been open about his frustration with his team’s lack of progress, will call a press conference to fire himself.

The front-office situation is what makes the Magic’s future particularly grim. Moving on from Hennigan has been a long-overdue decision, given his abysmal draft and trade records, but that requires a full reset. This organization has already cycled coaches in recent years and has had an unhealthy amount of roster turnover, losing numerous quality pieces like Tobias Harris, Victor Oladipo and Moe Harkless along the way. Dumping Hennigan will inevitably lead to another housecleaning and reevaluation of the existing young pieces, pushing back Orlando’s timeline even further. Hennigan’s replacement will either need to strike an awkward partnership with Vogel or, in an even more damaging situation, eye yet another coaching change to install his own candidate. There’s no way this transition plays out quickly or smoothly, and there are plenty of prospects already in the fold whose development could be harmed in the process.

Orlando hasn’t made the playoffssince 2012 and this season’s regression makes it hard to even peg a target date for a postseason return. 2019? 2021? Amazingly, Magic CEO Alex Martins moved the goalposts back more than a decade last December when he said that he believes the Magic “will have won at least one championship” by 2030. 2030!?!

Unlike the Knicks, the Magic haven’t identified a tent post player: Gordon is the best candidate, given his athleticism and upside, but his offensive ceiling looks a touch lower now than it did when he was drafted in 2014. Otherwise, Payton is three years in and hasn’t made the leap and Hezonja is barely playing in year two. Right now, there’s a strong argument to be made that Orlando’s 2017 lottery pick is a better asset than any of the players currently on its roster. That’s an almost inconceivable position for an organization that is headed for its fifth straight lottery trip. Hopeless, hopeless, hopeless.

http://www.si.com/nb...cks-nets-lakers