Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Dedmon is doing the same work, for way, way less money.

Biyombo was awesome early in the season. But the whole team was doing well too.

I'll judge him after the season now that Ibaka is gone as the team is looking better after he was traded

Plus dedmon was always in foul trouble with us and his offense wasn't dandy either.

If Rob was making that pick to hold on to do you think he would have even taken Sabonis? He may have just been making that pick for OKC.

Sabonis was the right pick at that spot.

The draft was weak and it shows this year. I think the 25 round pick this year could be of equal value if not more than last year 11 pick.

Biyombo was awesome early in the season. But the whole team was doing well too.

I'll judge him after the season now that Ibaka is gone as the team is looking better after he was traded

Plus dedmon was always in foul trouble with us and his offense wasn't dandy either.

Yes. Biyombo is younger and is one of the best pick player in the league. This you dont see in stats. He does about 2-3 picks in one same offensive play. He is that active.

If Rob was making that pick to hold on to do you think he would have even taken Sabonis? He may have just been making that pick for OKC.

I think we would have traded it for someone else

Yes. Biyombo is younger and is one of the best pick player in the league. This you dont see in stats. He does about 2-3 picks in one same offensive play. He is that active.

I don't hate what Biyombo brings to the table, I like him better today than Ibaka, Noah, and whoever else was available last offseason. That said, I still would have preferred Dedmon.

still don't know why people make a big deal about sabonis. He's not all that great. He's actually getting worse. in the 2017 calendar year he's averaging 5.7ppg 3.9 rpg in 22 mpg on 37/16/68 shooting. and he's currently on a stretch where he's made 1 out of his last 16 threes.

I'm sure he'll end up being a fine pro long term but isn't the 6'11 no defense, good midrange-3 PF super easy to find now? is that really a guy you want on the magic?

Yes I don't necessarily think the type of player that is super hard to find, and I do agree he's overrated--but I also think he's numbers would be noticeably better on a team that wasnt dominated by Westbrook. He's actually a really nice passer but you just rarely get to see it there.

I think he would be putting up solid numbers here. But people do act like we got worked in that trade cause Sabonis "starts" for OKC--but the reality is he only starts cause they have no other options. We could easily find an as good if not need player at 25 in this draft.

“Everybody is now in their right position quite frankly,” coach Frank Vogel said after Saturday’s win over the Atlanta Hawks. “I think Aaron being a 4 is better for him. He did well at the 3 defensively, but he is better at the 4 and Evan is better at the 3. We have a big-time shooting guard in Terrence Ross who has been playing off the bench and plays a starting role for us. Early in the season, we were trying to play too big. We were too slow at multiple positions. It was costly overall. I like where guys are at in terms of their roles.”

“Everybody is now in their right position quite frankly,” coach Frank Vogel said after Saturday’s win over the Atlanta Hawks. “I think Aaron being a 4 is better for him. He did well at the 3 defensively, but he is better at the 4 and Evan is better at the 3. We have a big-time shooting guard in Terrence Ross who has been playing off the bench and plays a starting role for us. Early in the season, we were trying to play too big. We were too slow at multiple positions. It was costly overall. I like where guys are at in terms of their roles.”

Could it of been Rob who wanted us to play big all season?

You don't think it was Vogel? The guy who played big every season he's coached?

Idk. When we first hired Vogel he kept talking about going small and small ball lineups, than the Ibaka trade happened.

I'm not sure whose to blame--id imagine both.

But that's all conjecture really.

Good news its its all in the past and who knows maybe getting Ross will make it worth while. If he can be a 15-17ppg with the passing ability and defensive ability he's displayed, idc what path we had to take to get here im glad we got him.

Rambling now but if Mario continues to show life, we have a nice scoring trio in Ross, Fournier and Mario. I know people are down on Fournier recently but he'll pull out of it.

So apparently the "agent interference" in the cousins trade was fegen calling up teams and telling them cousins wouldn't resign anywhere he's traded to as retribution for screwing him out of a supermax deal.

Basically, under the new cba, if you make a all nba team with the team that drafted you you're eligible for a max contact using 35% of the cap instead of 30%.

So fegen said "by trading for him you're costing my client 50 million. We won't resign with you out of spite. "