Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

If you go on Thunder forums they're already veryyyy split on Dipo--plenty not happy with him.

sounds familiar.

I'd understand the form causing issues if he was the typical "Good game, bad game, 3 good games, 4 bad games, 2 good games" type of inconsistent shooter where he'll shoot the same percent +/- like 4% month to month and settle at 34%

I guess I'm trying to say, if he has poor form you'd expect consistent inconsistency. Like if you review other players, good shooters or bad, a 40% shooter will shoot something like 42, 38, 41, 33, 44 month to month. a 30% shooter will shoot 32, 28, 38, 25, 31. they hover around a number and will occasionally have a slump month and a good month but you know what they are. Oladipo last year was 28, 28, 48, 33, 39, 31. Oladipo this year is 44, 25, 36, 25.

That's just odd.

Did anyone notice last night in the first quarter how hard our players were playing? Running harder, jumping and screening harder. It didn't make much difference but it was noticeable. Looked like they were much happier

sounds familiar.

I'd understand the form causing issues if he was the typical "Good game, bad game, 3 good games, 4 bad games, 2 good games" type of inconsistent shooter where he'll shoot the same percent +/- like 4% month to month and settle at 34%

I guess I'm trying to say, if he has poor form you'd expect consistent inconsistency. Like if you review other players, good shooters or bad, a 40% shooter will shoot something like 42, 38, 41, 33, 44 month to month. a 30% shooter will shoot 32, 28, 38, 25, 31. they hover around a number and will occasionally have a slump month and a good month but you know what they are. Oladipo last year was 28, 28, 48, 33, 39, 31. Oladipo this year is 44, 25, 36, 25.

That's just odd.

I was never a Dipo guy. I don't think we should have had to throw in the first in the Ibaka deal but having said that I was happy then knowing we wouldn't be the team signing him long term and I'm still happy now.

Happy we aren't the team keeping ibaka too.

Did anyone notice last night in the first quarter how hard our players were playing? Running harder, jumping and screening harder. It didn't make much difference but it was noticeable. Looked like they were much happier

Not trying to be a dic* but I did not notice this.

eh, you might be projecting.

I noticed the starting lineup playing poor defense and pretty much the entire lineup turning the ball over constantly allowing the spurs to go off on a 19-8 run

I was never a Dipo guy. I don't think we should have had to throw in the first in the Ibaka deal but having said that I was happy then knowing we wouldn't be the team signing him long term and I'm still happy now.

Happy we aren't the team keeping ibaka too.

I was a big oladipo guy but all of my premises have been proven false with him. he's pretty much just the Big Lots version of Jimmy Butler. Which is fine. There are worse things to be. I just wouldn't be thrilled with giving him big money.

I kinda feel like a homeless guy criticizing a homeowner who's underwater in their mortgage but I don't think shipping out oladipo was a bad move.

eh, you might be projecting.

I noticed the starting lineup playing poor defense and pretty much the entire lineup turning the ball over constantly allowing the spurs to go off on a 19-8 run

Yeah I might be. But it just looked different, maybe it was the personnel. But like I said, it didn't turn into production

Ibaka sounds like a turd who didn't buy into the team. Glad he's gone and he'll probably go down as one of the worst acquisitions in Orlando Magic history.

we traded a mvp caliber player and a solid but unspectacular PF for a Point Guard who almost immediately became replaceable by a rookie, a unspectacular Center and a solid starting shooting guard who lasted 23 games here before we flipped him for a player who decided to retire instead of playing here.

We traded a future finals MVP and a future multiple time DPOY for a player who was injured immediately

we traded a 21 year old combo forward for two players who were no longer on the team as he was torching us in the NBA finals.

We traded a solid starting sg and a good pick in a bad draft for Ibaka who became our best player with inconsistent effort then flipped him for a solid starting sg and a bad pick in a good draft. This doesn't even scratch the surface of bad moves.

• Upvote 1

we traded a mvp caliber player and a solid but unspectacular PF for a Point Guard who almost immediately became replaceable by a rookie, a unspectacular Center and a solid starting shooting guard who lasted 23 games here before we flipped him for a player who decided to retire instead of playing here.

We traded a future finals MVP and a future multiple time DPOY for a player who was injured immediately

we traded a 21 year old combo forward for two players who were no longer on the team as he was torching us in the NBA finals.

We traded a solid starting sg and a good pick in a bad draft for Ibaka who became our best player with inconsistent effort then flipped him for a solid starting sg and a bad pick in a good draft. This doesn't even scratch the surface of bad moves.

As a correction, we didn't trade Billups to the Pistons, he signed there as a free agent. We did however trade Wallace for Hill, which is definitely one of our worst trades of all time.

I'd probably add the trade for your former name, Lewis for Arenas, which was beyond awful. Rashard gave his all for the team the whole time he was here and we traded him for a player who almost got kicked out of the league for his antics.

Wait who are you talking about?

1 ??

2 Grant hill - Chauncey Billups and Ben wallace

3 Ariza?

4 Oladipo right?